Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The ultimate "do nothing" field in tech is quant.

They legit hire you just so you don't work for their competition. From what I heard though they basically only consider you if you the M.I.T type and not only a good coder but a math geek. They probably the safest during this wave.

Last edited:

Sauce Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Dumb bytch :mjlol:
I recruit in tech and we do plenty. A little less because companies aren’t hiring as much but there’s still plenty of work. I’ve worked for fortune 200 before and they were running us raggedy. I had 42 reqs at one point :beli:
Why do you guys never reply to emails or ghost candidates out of nowhere? :jbhmm:

Spence

Superstar
Daps
What an idiot. And she was there only 6 months so she didnt get the whole190k. Probably had to pay back her sign on bonus too.
$90k in 6 months plus sign on is a significant chunk of change. Just that ($90k) is more than the vast majority of what a typical recruiter makes in corporate.

Sauce Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
We deal with a shyt ton of people. Honestly it’s not worth our time to go back and tell everyone they didn’t get the job since silence also gets the point across.
:childplease:

I had 2 final interviews last year (3 rounds of interviews for each job) and after reaching out to the recruiter for an update, I never heard back.

I eventually received an automated rejection email 2 months later when I already moved on and forgot about it, and the second one I never heard back, not even a rejection email.

Then I had another horrible experience with another recruiter. He contacted me on 3 different occasions within 6 months for 3 different roles with the same company that I applied for. Every time he would reach out to me for my availability to interview, he then would ghost me every time I provide him with my availability (I was available at all times). He pissed me off so much I wanted to report him so bad but had no idea how.

Anyways, so far I had more negative experiences with recruiters than positive ones.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
$90k in 6 months plus sign on is a significant chunk of change. Just that ($90k) is more than the vast majority of what a typical recruiter makes in corporate.

That 190k is total comp (Includes her annual bonus target and RSU). Not base salary. Her base salary was likely low six figures so she saw no where near 90k.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
@Chrishaune I know you like the book of Proverbs. Proverbs 10 and verse 14 just played out in this tik tok video.

Proverbs 10:14
The wise store up knowledge, but the mouth of the fool invites destruction.

She really just got kicked out of Babylon.

Sometimes it's for the best.

All money is not good money.

She probably will end up working for another company like that though. She doesn't seem too aware of anything.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
I can understand that perspective. All things working for the good of them that love God.
She really just got kicked out of Babylon.

Sometimes it's for the best.

All money is not good money.

She probably will end up working for another company like that though. She doesn't seem too aware of anything.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
The ultimate "do nothing" field in tech is quant.

They legit hire you just so you don't work for their competition. From what I heard though they basically only consider you if you the M.I.T type and not only a good coder but a math geek. They probably the safest during this wave.

Automatically thought of this