Teachers dressed as student day-funny or lowkey 'cism?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
This is how these kids be dressing - so many of the girls, of all races, be wearing them bummy ass early 90’s PE sweats and crocs looking like shyt. And I hate that black girls/women have normalized wearing them ugly ass granny bonnets out the house, they look like shyt in the house as well. I have no issue with it…like don’t have this day if you’re gonna be sensitive about it.

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
u shoulda seen the heavy starched jeans and polo's with the polo boots concoction they came up with ...
I didn't see no polo boots, but right after HS, Keef had the Polos poppin. Probably the last swag wave that young folk were on that looked "respectable".

kt773

All Star
Daps
Reppin
chi town southside wild 100's
Are the students really showing up with bonnets, and slippers? We all know the boys aren’t pulling up their pants. Even the black teachers notice these things. Why are black parents allowing their children to walk around like that? It’s because the mothers are leaving the house with bonnets too.
14 year Chicago public school teacher here, on lunch right now, I would love to answer your question. A good number of parents do not care ,they let the kids come to school high, some wearing the same thing 4 days in a row, boys are not wearing under shirts ,the school has to impose rules so that the kids don’t CONTINUE to fukk up, bonnets are banned but not without a fight , the fathers are present but are not available most of the time due to them working or not caring , it’s weird in the hood right now .

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I can't tell if I'm just getting old or I'm finally fed up with the bullshyt, but I actually wish we would go back to dressing up like this. Mind you I'm all for women having they ass out when going to ratchet clubs n bars and shyt, but there's no reason I should be seeing lumpy unwashed ass on my morning commute to the grocery store.

And if you think I'm exaggerating maybe you need to visit the hood every once in a while. Sure, we can blame it on poverty, but poor people existed back in the day as well and still didn't come outside with bonnets and "boy shorts"

Stop the cap nikka we THOUGHT we had style but wearing everything 3 sizes too big with fitted caps barely hanging on to our head was NOT classy in the slightest and the old heads shytted on us too. Only reason I'm complaining is because of the borderline nudity all the time but don't act like we had so much more sense than this generation

You really acting like wearing an oversized Iverson jersey with headbands, rubberbands, and girbauds was fly in retrospect come on son
The fashion can be ugly but there still was effort. Putting on a 3xl throwback jersey was effort, you looked like you actually showered and got dressed. And for us girls, we definitely had whole outfits we were putting together, despite them shytty fitting low rise jeans. These today kids putting on wrinkled two sizes too big sweats that haven’t been washed in how long with some black socks and slides and that’s supposed to look like you actually got dressed?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Im not picking a side either way. But not so much the dress but the act and the things they said. There is a certain type of student they are imitating.. and its not the nerds, anime kids for example.
You can stop cuz these public schools in California, outside of the quiet nerds, that’s how all of them dress and talk - white, Latino, black, middle eastern, and Asian.

Sleepy Floyd

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
How do parents let their kids leave the house dressed like that?

And they show up to school just to clown around and waste everybody's time

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
I didn't see no polo boots, but right after HS, Keef had the Polos poppin. Probably the last swag wave that young folk were on that looked "respectable".

they hit right when i was in 5th n 6th grade...,, eses was on it hard... because they didn't really play sports... then it picked up again once we got to high school..

went to dallas for a bit... they was on it ...n them sauconys

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Thats what I always think when I see these. I went to school in the 2000’s and can’t recall a single time a girl wore a bonnet to school
We wore scarves to sleep, bonnets became a thing in the 10’s and not sure why. They are ugly as sin. You can wrap a scarf to be cute, and we went through a whole natural hair evolution where there are a tone of cute ways to do a head wrap that look like you actually put effort into your appearance. Not sure why people can’t rock a head wrap vs these oversized shower caps

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Takes too much time to properly wrap a head wrap. It's about convenience.
No it doesn’t. It would take me about 2-3 mins for a simple wrap. Ain’t nobody saying do the erykah badu stack on a daily. Some wraps come pre-folded, you just gotta tie the perimeter to fit it to your head.