Teachers dressed as student day-funny or lowkey 'cism?

larsattack

All Star
Daps
Are the students really showing up with bonnets, and slippers? We all know the boys aren’t pulling up their pants. Even the black teachers notice these things. Why are black parents allowing their children to walk around like that? It’s because the mothers are leaving the house with bonnets too.
Thats what I always think when I see these. I went to school in the 2000’s and can’t recall a single time a girl wore a bonnet to school

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
a bigger question is why do kids dress and act like that? I was in high school in the early 2000’s, and we had style. You’d get clowned for dressing like that. Not to mention the attitudes these kids have. Not sure what these parents are doing out here…
They’re letting kids do whatever feels good resulting in kids having no standards beyond self gratification. My daughter tried to dress like this because it was “comfortable,” as if you can’t find comfortable clothes that don’t make you look homeless or like you just got out of bed.

We had cut that off quick. Kids legit just going to school in sweats/basketball shorts and crocs/slides EVERYDAY. And that’s everybody, including the girls. It’s bananas

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Are the students really showing up with bonnets, and slippers? We all know the boys aren’t pulling up their pants. Even the black teachers notice these things. Why are black parents allowing their children to walk around like that? It’s because the mothers are leaving the house with bonnets too.

Overseas, there seems to be a stereotype that Americans in general go out in public in their pajamas. I never really noticed it before but it may actually be a thing with all of us

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
a bigger question is why do kids dress and act like that? I was in high school in the early 2000’s, and we had style. You’d get clowned for dressing like that. Not to mention the attitudes these kids have. Not sure what these parents are doing out here…
People have b*stardized the concept that what matters is not your appearance but who you are.
That's fine and true...to a point.

But it's also true that presentation matters and is a reflection of who you are and the image you want to send out to the world.
Now granted, we're talking about high school kids here. So nobody is expecting GQ levels of style. But crocs and hair nets and sweatpants is preposterous and embarrassing and low effort.

People get super defensive about this.
All you have to do on the coli is just make a thread asking when people should stop wearing fitted baseball caps or Jordans or whatever. You get all this pushback as if it's crazy to think that age and style don't have SOME correlation. After all, there's a reason 30 year olds don't wear onesies.

Studies have shown that attire does impact productivity and self esteem and that's something to consider for students and adults in the workplace in general.

To bring it back to the video -- is this racist or funny? I'm not sure. But I think it's a mirror. And sometimes being able to see how you are perceived or mocked by others can make someone take a look inward. Maybe they have a point, maybe they don't. And there's a hidden value in that. But to be honest, I think most people aren't mature enough or wise enough to take it that way.

Yzak

All Star
Bushed
Daps
I can't tell if I'm just getting old or I'm finally fed up with the bullshyt, but I actually wish we would go back to dressing up like this. Mind you I'm all for women having they ass out when going to ratchet clubs n bars and shyt, but there's no reason I should be seeing lumpy unwashed ass on my morning commute to the grocery store.

And if you think I'm exaggerating maybe you need to visit the hood every once in a while. Sure, we can blame it on poverty, but poor people existed back in the day as well and still didn't come outside with bonnets and "boy shorts"

Stop the cap nikka we THOUGHT we had style but wearing everything 3 sizes too big with fitted caps barely hanging on to our head was NOT classy in the slightest and the old heads shytted on us too. Only reason I'm complaining is because of the borderline nudity all the time but don't act like we had so much more sense than this generation

You really acting like wearing an oversized Iverson jersey with headbands, rubberbands, and girbauds was fly in retrospect come on son
It's really only one demographic you constantly see with their asses out or trying to wear barely anything and we all know you can't tell them shyt:hubie:

Degeneracy is being spread to children by someone we refuse to call out

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yeah man and pajamas, hoodies , Yeezy slides. The bummiest generation ever.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Got damn

These kids today dressed like shyt today

Teachers probably didn’t even spend more than 50 bucks to dressed like these little bums
Saving their parents money not having to buy expensive clothes though. I’m glad the days of getting jumped for hi Tec boots, or clowning others calling their shoes bobos is over.

Focus on getting good grades, learning, and having fun being a kid.