Teachers dressed as student day-funny or lowkey 'cism?

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
No it doesn’t. It would take me about 2-3 mins for a simple wrap. Ain’t nobody saying do the erykah badu stack on a daily. Some wraps come pre-folded, you just gotta tie the perimeter to fit it to your head.
Compared to just slipping on a bonnet that takes like 3 seconds? :usure:

Come on, Ivy League

RedBull

All Star
Daps
Reppin
On KRS One's nose, eating sunflower seeds.
Shouldn’t be offended, it’s spot on. Parents should be disappointed in themselves and kids. The school leaders should be disappointed in the alarming rate of white educators in comparison with non-white students. Culture matters when raising children.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
I had to put my foot down with my daughter and tell her I’m not buying her anymore clothes. She has a closet full of shyt she asked for over the years that she never wears. Nike tech sweats. Flare jeans. NBA jerseys. Dunks and J’s. Luckily she wears a uniform to school but outside of it she wears the same damn bummy sweats and crocs and oversized hoodies
:heh:

RadaMillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, Uganda
thank god we went to school before social media, we had all the room in the world for creativity.

now days, all the kids from elementary to high school sound and dress alike

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People have b*stardized the concept that what matters is not your appearance but who you are.
That's fine and true...to a point.

But it's also true that presentation matters and is a reflection of who you are and the image you want to send out to the world.
Now granted, we're talking about high school kids here. So nobody is expecting GQ levels of style. But crocs and hair nets and sweatpants is preposterous and embarrassing and low effort.

People get super defensive about this.
All you have to do on the coli is just make a thread asking when people should stop wearing fitted baseball caps or Jordans or whatever. You get all this pushback as if it's crazy to think that age and style don't have SOME correlation. After all, there's a reason 30 year olds don't wear onesies.

Studies have shown that attire does impact productivity and self esteem and that's something to consider for students and adults in the workplace in general.

To bring it back to the video -- is this racist or funny? I'm not sure. But I think it's a mirror. And sometimes being able to see how you are perceived or mocked by others can make someone take a look inward. Maybe they have a point, maybe they don't. And there's a hidden value in that. But to be honest, I think most people aren't mature enough or wise enough to take it that way.
Like I said...