7 Day Theory
Above The Rim
Murder Was The Case

Vs.

GKMC
TPAB
Damn

:why:

This. TDE is basically Kendrick with a b-side of SZA. Deathrow had MULTIPLE megastars. MULTIPLE artists behind them who held it down in their own right. I mean Nate Dogg didn't even drop an album on Deathrow and still cultivated GOATed appearances and acclaim just from being so talented.

Tj Bronson

Average Carpentry Skills
Supporter
Daps
Honestly I could take 2pac entirely out of the equation and would still prefer Death Row. Dre, Snoop, Tha Dogg Pound, Rage and Nate Dogg all have songs/albums from their time on Death Row that I still play regularly to this day.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Honestly I could take 2pac entirely out of the equation and would still prefer Death Row. Dre, Snoop, Tha Dogg Pound, Rage and Nate Dogg all have songs/albums from their time on Death Row that I still play regularly to this day.

Breh, I find myself just spinning the entire album, rather than picking a track when I listen to a Death Row release. Dogg Food alone is like one big ass track with beat switches and guest appearances :hubie:

Tj Bronson

Average Carpentry Skills
Supporter
Daps
Breh, I find myself just spinning the entire album, rather than picking a track when I listen to a Death Row release. Dogg Food alone is like one big ass track with beat switches and guest appearances :hubie:
Dogg Food :blessed: Probably my most played album of all time.

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
death row may have had a 4 year run...but in that run that dropped albums that will be listened to for my entire lifetime...The Chronic...Doggystyle...Dogg Food...All Eyez On Me...7 Day Theory. I'll put that up against any 5 of TDE's best albums.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
For those of us who were around for Death Row's run, it's crazy to think back and realize that it really was just a 4-year run.

Thing is, the impact of the label was so crazy, that we look back and it feels like it was a much longer time of them killing sh*t. But truth is, it really was a short run. If Dre stayed and there was less f*ckery on the street side for them, I think Death Row could've been on some real Motown sh*t, or like Def Jam. Suge killed his own label with doing a lot of dumb sh*t. He had everything he needed to run the game forever, and fumbled the whole movement.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Wild seeing guys pretend like we weren’t bumping Q , Jay rock, and ab soul when TDE first popped in addition to Kendrick.

They obviously didn’t reach the same high as deathrow’s og rollout, but I think it’s clear TDe was run better.

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
I remember just really thinking about it and realizing how short that Deathrow run was. Only from 92-96, but damn was it impactful. They put out Quality projects but it was only like 6 projects
The Chronic
Doggystyle
Above the Rim
Regulate....G-funk (I fully understand that it's a Def-Jam product but it sold off the affiliation and strength of Deathrow)
Murder was th Case
Doggfood
All Eyez On Me
But the thing is hip hop is totally different without those 6 albums. By late 96 and into 97 they were still dropping platinum albums but it was mostly over for "Tha Row". If Nate Dogg, and The Lady of Rage had dropped anytime between 94-96 those projects would've been received just as well as any other Deathrow project. It was indeed a short run but the impact they made was and is integral to the overall growth of hip-hop. They didn't even need 2Pac, let that sink in. In fact they probably would've been better off never signing Pac. That sped up the downfall of Deathrow.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
They didn't even need 2Pac, let that sink in. In fact they probably would've been better off never signing Pac. That sped up the downfall of Deathrow.

But that's the thing, Pac wasn't the issue. It was Suge.

Dude had the best producer of all-time. He had Pac, who is easily the most iconic rapper ever, and the most globally recognized. Snoop was one of Hip-Hop's biggest artists at the time, and mad other talent on the roster. And dude lost all of that, within a year! Imagine what they could've done as a label without all the outside antics and letting all the street sh*t affect the business. Suge really f*cked everything up.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
vibe-lftdr-compressed.jpg

4 icons but the coli says TDE is better.... :mjlol:
This lasted like 10 months …pretty sure Problem spoke directly on TDEs longevity as his main issue