Blessed Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:deadrose: Death Row body of work shyts all over TDE and its not even funny:

• The work ethnic trumps over Top's bullshyt excuses
  • Everybody was a star, including Sam Sneed's goofy ass (No just pass the ball to one rapper ala Kendrick Lamar)
  • 93-95 Row stretch>>>>>>>
And I actually fukks with TDE but I despite their work ethnic, the declining quality of their albums, and the whole outside of Kenny and SZA, tough Hollywood strip crackhead tittys stigma.

Hell, even during its grim years, Rage, Daz, and em still somehow dropped. Top would make some cryptic tweet and pissed off the fanbase, drop the album randomly, and get the Pikachu shocked face when the album goes double pep.

Blessed Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I put TDe on the level of Stax, Philly International and SOLAR records

:whoa:As a Philly native, don't go there. Philly International had the whole 215 put on. Hell, even I was fitting to wear the bell bottoms and do doo wop with the marsupials trying to get put on :banderas:

Blessed Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
also there was never a year TDE wasn't releasing fire
yall groupies was just waiting on kendrick :pachaha:
i get it he's my favorite too, but it wasn't going to turn my nose up at sir, zay, doechii even zacari makes my playlist

TBF 2011/12 was the peak before it became Kenny and the rest. A lot of hunger and chance taking, plus the squad felt more like a squad than Kendrick and the Blue Notes :francis:

Blessed Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Exactly.

And much props to the breh.

Death Row is just something we will never see again:wow:

Despite the demons with that label, Death Row was black excellence to a tee:

• Took Dre to a whole new level with production (with the help of Daz and em)
  • Gave a skinny kid in Long Beach a chance to be one of the greatest
  • Made a example of Vanilla Ice
  • While Pac was struggling and fukked over by the industry, Suge breathe life into dude
  • All the albums felt like some cinematic shyt, like you could play the albums and they felt like wizardry of how well they aged (even The Chronic despite how rough it sounds to Doggystyle)
  • Brought the west to the front street with lyricism and entertainment
  • Black owned and had just the Jews writing the checks
Yes, the downfall was going to happen, but if there was focus in the camp, lack of gang shyt in the studio, and the fame transitioning to profit and the street shyt to the side, Suge would be in the hall of fame and Pac would damn near be a politician by now.

Its almost as if, we as black folks are so misguided with the blessing and strength of unity, money, and power:francis: . Death Row should have been the label that reign supreme over Bad Boy as we all seen what CEO dancing in videos was capable of doing.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Despite the demons with that label, Death Row was black excellence to a tee:

• Took Dre to a whole new level with production (with the help of Daz and em)
  • Gave a skinny kid in Long Beach a chance to be one of the greatest
  • Made a example of Vanilla Ice
  • While Pac was struggling and fukked over by the industry, Suge breathe life into dude
  • All the albums felt like some cinematic shyt, like you could play the albums and they felt like wizardry of how well they aged (even The Chronic despite how rough it sounds to Doggystyle)
  • Brought the west to the front street with lyricism and entertainment
  • Black owned and had just the Jews writing the checks
Yes, the downfall was going to happen, but if there was focus in the camp, lack of gang shyt in the studio, and the fame transitioning to profit and the street shyt to the side, Suge would be in the hall of fame and Pac would damn near be a politician by now.

Its almost as if, we as black folks are so misguided with the blessing and strength of unity, money, and power:francis: . Death Row should have been the label that reign supreme over Bad Boy as we all seen what CEO dancing in videos was capable of doing.
Death Row was unapologetically Black as hell:pachaha:

Never seen Suge out there tryna pander to white ppl or none of that shyt.

In today's era, Black labels would probably try to get a feature with vanilla ice be like "yeah, vanilla ice, that's my brotha":mjlol:

Crumple

All Star
Daps
TDE is bigger than Death Row due to its longevity, Compton rapper Problem has boldly asserted.

The artist, who now raps under the name Jason Martin, chopped it up with Bootleg Kev on Thursday (June 13) to discuss the differences between the two labels.

“[Top Dawg Entertainment], they got it,” he said. “They’re probably the biggest label ever in West Coast history with the longest run. They’re the biggest ever. I know what you on ’cause we older, but Death Row had a four-year run.”

After Kev cited records by 2Pac, Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg, Problem offered up a retort.

“It’s because of the mess. We’re infatuated with the mess,” he said. “I’m not here to tear down Death Row. Let’s stop here. I’m saying, we have to recognize that there is a company right now, today, that has two of the biggest artists in music. This actual day, and they’ve had them the whole time.”

Al Tariq's boy is named Problemz.

Death Row ran over 15 years.

Tde's star is Kendrick.

Blessed Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Death Row was unapologetically Black as hell:pachaha:

Never seen Suge out there tryna pander to white ppl or none of that shyt.

In today's era, Black labels would probably try to get a feature with vanilla ice be like "yeah, vanilla ice, that's my brotha":mjlol:

Heads always treat Suge like the boogeyman for the wrong reasons, rather than seeing his vision and ambition. Let's keep it a buck, the smear campaign was more of fear of black owned music industry that refuses to bow down to the whites. Death Row hit the switch, for labels like Rap a Lot, No Limit, and Cash Money to get that big piece of the pie.

We will never get anything on that level of what Suge envisioned because it's all about just clocking in and checking out, than longevity.

Hence, why artists are as broke as the common Joe Blow, because they didn't allow the bosses to thrive so they can eat and carry on tradition.