Tariq's #Rally4Reparatioms Nov 5, ya'll Going?

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Point is the money will be no good unless ADOS/FBA unite and build political and socioeconomic institutions to protect our group from centuries of deliberate systematic deprivation.
Closing the wealth gap one or two generations can't be what reparations is for us.
It should be for ADOS/FBA self-determination, to competitively build so future generations of ADOS/FBA have a future in this country.
Fukking off debt of this magnitude would be fukking off momentum of generations who endured worse for our place.

I agree, but it isn't your right to determine when the time is best, many people feel this is long overdue, fba self-determination is your take on what will come of this, but not everyone who supports reparations shares this view. During the reparation disputes between Israel and Germany in the late 80s, many people took payouts instead of fighting for their land in court, and that was their right.
I honestly know reparations aren’t happening in any of our life times.It’s just a issue pushed to the forefront by Republican strategists used to fool the ignorant among us into voting against our own interest if we don’t get “tangibles”

What about people who aren't refusing to vote, or left wing politicians who support reparations? I don't know why fatalists like you even talk about reparations, if you don't believe it's possible in your lifetime, then focus on what you think is possible, don't come in here talking down to people.

Last edited:

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
I agree, but it isn't your right to determine when the time is right, many people feel this is long overdue, fba self-determination is your take on what will come of this, but not everyone who supports reparations shares this view. During the reparation disputes between Israel and Germany in the late 80s, many people took payouts instead of fighting for their land in court, and that was their right.

What about people who aren't refusing to vote, or left wing politicians who support reparations? I don't know why fatalists like you even talk about reparations, if you don't believe it's possible in your lifetime, then focus on what you think is possible, don't come in here talking down to people.
You’re asking me a African American man raised in the Deep South, who’s family on both sides had been here since the beginning why I’m talking about reparations :dahell: I’m going to talk down on any stupid motherfukker who should know the history of this nation and the cacs we are dealing with who says some shyt like tangibles or no vote.Especially when one side doesn’t even want to teach the history of slavery.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
It is the sensible approach.
Intention needs to be established by more than a select few.
There needs to be a larger collective of us building networks with each other than there is presently.
Because these points are raised by opponents as excuses doesn't mean they are invalid.
We must, but we must stronger than we presently are.
That would be great, but if we keep waiting, in 100 years our great grandchildren will be in the same spot.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
I agree, but it isn't your right to determine when the time is right, many people feel this is long overdue, fba self-determination is your take on what will come of this, but not everyone who supports reparations shares this view. During the reparation disputes between Israel and Germany in the late 80s, many people took payouts instead of fighting for their land in court, and that was their right.

Self-determination should beget self-preservation.
By reason it can't be my say, I don't have a platform of influence.
For preservation of the group, unity before reparations is best for ADOS/FBA to insulate themselves from the racism they have faced by at least building up their neighborhoods and developing strong business acumen so their socioeconomic status improves for stronger political influence.
As present momentum grows it should be solely by the group be for the development of the group.
Not only is it long overdue, it is necessary but what good will it be if it exacerbates present cultural trends?
It isn't my call to say when the time is right, to get it after all this time and fukk it off is almost like never having it to begin with.
And if it isn't possible in our lifetime, ADOS/FBA should come together to make up for lost political and socioeconomic ground anyways.
Admittedly being non-ADOS/FBA, this would benefit you by proxy.
Speaking of, what community development skills do you have?
That would be great, but if we keep waiting, in 100 years our great grandchildren will be in the same spot.
What I'm trying to make you understand is if we come together and start building NOW we won't have to wait 100 years.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
You’re asking me a African American man raised in the Deep South, who’s family on both sides had been here since the beginning why I’m talking about reparations :dahell: I’m going to talk down on any stupid motherfukker who should know the history of this nation and the cacs we are dealing with who says some shyt like tangibles or no vote.Especially when one side doesn’t even want to teach the history of slavery.
You're not 'talking about reparations' you're being negative and stifling a conversation we're having because a small portion of us are saying they aren't voting. You said, 'I honestly know reparations aren’t happening in any of our life times' and 'I’m for things like free higher education, not paying taxes, land,etc.' In your view, when the time is right wouldn't you rather there be a movement lying in wait instead of having to start from ground zero? Why do you have such a perverse focus on the right wing element of this discussion? You brought that up, @Amo Husserl didn't say anything about 'no tangibles, no vote.'

It’s just a issue pushed to the forefront by Republican strategists used to fool the ignorant among us into voting against our own interest

If you believe this, then why are you here? :heh: I agree, its popularity online is sometimes due to grifters and right-wingers, but that's not what we were talking about at all.

exactly

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Self-determination should beget self-preservation.
By reason it can't be my say, I don't have a platform of influence.
For preservation of the group, unity before reparations is best for ADOS/FBA to insulate themselves from the racism they have faced by at least building up their neighborhoods and developing strong business acumen so their socioeconomic status improves for stronger political influence.
As present momentum grows it should be solely by the group be for the development of the group.
Not only is it long overdue, it is necessary but what good will it be if it exacerbates present cultural trends?
It isn't my call to say when the time is right, to get it after all this time and fukk it off is almost like never having it to begin with.
And if it isn't possible in our lifetime, ADOS/FBA should come together to make up for lost political and socioeconomic ground anyways.
Admittedly being non-ADOS/FBA, this would benefit you by proxy.

What I'm trying to make you understand is if we come together and start building NOW we won't have to wait 100 years.
I'm not saying to wait to build, I'm saying that infusion of capital needs to come now as opposed to waiting for everyone to learn how to act right, a day that may never come.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
I'm also very skeptical of what would pass for reparations with this current crop of democrats, that's why I'm more in support of bills like H.R 40.

Admittedly being non-ADOS/FBA, this would benefit you by proxy
This should go without saying, economic autonomy for Black Americans is a rising tide.

I'm not sure, aside from BSU's, volunteering for a couple political campaigns and a brief stint trying to form a union at my old job, I'm more of a worker than an organizer.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
I'm not saying to wait to build, I'm saying that infusion of capital needs to come now as opposed to waiting for everyone to learn how to act right, a day that may never come.
I'm saying why not build with what capital we have to generate more, learn by experience, so if or when the infusion comes we can use it to the best of our ability? All the time we wait for reparations are missed opportunities for us to become united, learned and strategic as a group for our specific interests.
I'm also very skeptical of what would pass for reparations with this current crop of democrats, that's why I'm more in support of bills like H.R 40.

This should go without saying, economic autonomy for Black Americans is a rising tide.

I'm not sure, aside from BSU's, volunteering for a couple political campaigns and a brief stint trying to form a union at my old job, I'm more of a worker than an organizer.
I'm skeptical as well, reason why I'm developing my understanding of how to use it so if or when I get it I can use it intelligently.
You have enough experience to be an asset than most.
Now think about if you have more like-minded people to work with and the reparations in whatever form they be come and we can operate on a robust level.
Workers and organizers have a special place in mobilizing people.
Everyone serves their purpose, everyone plays their part and if they act on one accord with the rising tide their ship will be able to withstand the current.
Reparations shouldn't be what divides us as a group.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
H.R. 40 is trash. We don't need a study.

What we NEED is a study :ehh:
Something like AB3121 outta California, which is based off of HR 40 :martin: so yeah.... fukk that. Pass it. Except don't. But do.

c00n :hhh:

Daps
No, I'm tired of explaining this shyt over and over again to people who don't care or believe no matter what is said. I'm just going to start ignoring you all. You're wasting time I could be using more productively. You could all be cacs, for all I know.
Like @Voice of Reason who keeps ducking ban bets

:francis:

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
You're not 'talking about reparations' you're being negative and stifling a conversation we're having because a small portion of us are saying they aren't voting. You said, 'I honestly know reparations aren’t happening in any of our life times' and 'I’m for things like free higher education, not paying taxes, land,etc.' In your view, when the time is right wouldn't you rather there be a movement lying in wait instead of having to start from ground zero? Why do you have such a perverse focus on the right wing element of this discussion? You brought that up, @Amo Husserl didn't say anything about 'no tangibles, no vote.'

If you believe this, then why are you here? :heh: I agree, its popularity online is sometimes due to grifters and right-wingers, but that's not what we were talking about at all.

exactly
Because i am. Make me leave , how about that:unimpressed:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I'm saying why not build with what capital we have to generate more, learn by experience, so if or when the infusion comes we can use it to the best of our ability? All the time we wait for reparations are missed opportunities for us to become united, learned and strategic as a group for our specific interests.

I'm skeptical as well, reason why I'm developing my understanding of how to use it so if or when I get it I can use it intelligently.
You have enough experience to be an asset than most.
Now think about if you have more like-minded people to work with and the reparations in whatever form they be come and we can operate on a robust level.
Workers and organizers have a special place in mobilizing people.
Everyone serves their purpose, everyone plays their part and if they act on one accord with the rising tide their ship will be able to withstand the current.
Reparations shouldn't be what divides us as a group.
Of course, do what you can with what you have, but those doing it would get springboarded, and I honestly think we would be surprised with those who would be motivated by the opportunity.