Tariq Nasheed on new Star Wars movie - "12 Years a Space Slave"

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Again, jumping to extremes.

Makes it more palatable eh?

What extreme bruh???? I mention valid shyt and am met with deflection.... Answer my questions or challenge my posts for real... Until then you nikkas can move around

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
The defeat by Ren was the only notable beating and it is inline with the story.

And if I recall correctly he fought the storm trooper with a saber rather than his experienced gun?

He was still talked down to by everyone, drinking from the animal troth, getting beat up by Rey and the damn droid, a sanitation storm trooper, struck down in seconds by a weakend Kylo.

He commanded the least amount of respect from the whole main cast, hell even the droids weren't as goofy.

Denial aint just a river:francis:

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
What extreme bruh???? I mention valid shyt and am met with deflection.... Answer my questions or challenge my posts for real... Until then you nikkas can move around

I'm sorry, but some of you nikkas are just dumb.

I address what you're saying, but you deflect yourself and say that we're bytching because Finn wasn't the equivalent of Rambo...and you say others aren't being for real?

You don't understand subtlety, apparently.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I said notable. I honestly can't remember that fight in full specifically, only when he stabbed another storm trooper can caught another body.
he snuck one trooper soon as he turned around. when it came to head up fade, the other storm trooper beat the shyt out of him

Big Boda

My Family Are Not Immigrants.
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
400 Year Survivors Of American Slavery.
breh...i like tariq...but shyt like this is such a monumental waste of time and energy....there has to be more important things to talk about that this? :yeshrug:

there has to be....:patrice:

This deflection makes sense because you're a negrep which alot of times means troll.

This movie will be seen all over the world and used to further ingrain an image of black men as cowardly, ignorant, bumbling, weak, subservient and powerless. All of this caping I'm seeing for this movie and none of it addresses Finn eating out of a trough like an animal with the hippo or whatever that thing was.

Tariq's perspective is that of a film maker (The Eugenicist) who has casted roles and written scripts and been included in tv shows with stories and characters. Its not about taking his word as gospel its about there being no other examples of a supposed Hero being shown like this with little to no redemption in the end of the film he debuted in.

People keep changing the subject like we care so much about getting in white movies. If you are a people being killed daily weekly and monthly you should speak out against portrayals that attempt to justify your condition.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I agree

The trailers, poster made us think he was the Jedi but na just a nikka wit a light saber

Who got 1 upped by a 16 year old white bytch
:ohhh:

That's dissapointing. They did the ole switch-a-roo. So the White girl was basically the Jedi, while he stumbled around like a buffoon? 12yrs a Space Slave?

:dead:

Disappointing...

:snoop:

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I'm sorry, but some of you nikkas are just dumb.

I address what you're saying, but you deflect yourself and say that we're bytching because Finn wasn't the equivalent of Rambo...and you say others aren't being for real?

You don't understand subtlety, apparently.

So tell me what the point of this thread is........ How am I deflecting when I'm answering questions and throwing out valid points and valid questions???? Then I'm met with "So what you're saying...." shyt..... I haven't deflected once bruh

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Guy was a weak bytch and a c00n.

Btw are all storm troopers black ? Nothing but intergalactic slaves

Another one...... If you watched Clone Wars you would know clones and Storm Troppers are not the same and all Strom Troppers are not black... You nikkas and your silly questions LOL

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
So tell me what the point of this thread is........ How am I deflecting when I'm answering questions and throwing out valid points and valid questions???? Then I'm met with "So what you're saying...." shyt..... I haven't deflected once bruh

The point of this thread is to point out how a black character was depicted as a weak bumbling fool. Some people see it, others make excuses and deny it.

You didn't address my responses, you just marginalized everyone's concerns as "y'all just mad cause Finn aint Rambo". Which is an overly simplistic, dismissive response, and indicates you don't see subtlety. Or you just don't like seeing it called out in this case.

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
A lot of users and guests in this bytch :skip:.... Shout out to all the people that don't like or never watched Star Wars talkin shyt:martin:.... I see yall:youngsabo:

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
The point of this thread is to point out how a black character was depicted as a weak bumbling fool. Some people see it, others make excuses and deny it.

You didn't address my responses, you just marginalized everyone's concerns as "y'all just mad cause Finn aint Rambo". Which is an overly simplistic, dismissive response, and indicates you don't see subtlety. Or you just don't like seeing it called out in this case.

Did you seee the movie???? Don't lie fam