Tanzanian official claims he would love for African-Americans to live in in Tanzania

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Found this to be a good read.

Tanzania: Dar Tells African Americans: Come and Retire Here
http://allafrica.com/stories/200304060108.html

To me it seems Tanzania since its independence has always been welcoming to AAs and even the revolutionary ones like Malcolm X and even the Panthers.:ehh:

Last edited:

Adalina

Rookie
Daps
Actually Tanzania's one of the most beautiful places in Africa.
I know the Kenyan coast is cool weather, so I think the Tanzanian coast is the same. (Not hot but cool!)
That's why the Arabs wanted to run away there ( poor ass ones like Yemenis and Omanis always tryna make a dime off Africa)
and the British wanted to make colonies there :wow:

So honestly I would check it out. Plus Swahilli's really easy to learn! Then you can traverse entire southern east Africa cause they basically all speak swahilli.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
White people allowed Blacks to dominate in those areas because Blacks being able to sing, dance, tell jokes or dunk basketballs doesn't threaten their supremacy.

this is completely false if you knew and were aware of just how hard whites tried to keep blacks out of those areas through segregation-jim crowism and undermine their (blacks) creativity when they felt threatened by it because they, themselves didn't create the subject in question.

Well then why did so many Blacks have to fight to get on those stages?

Why were those stages Whites only for generations?

exactly

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Found this to be a good read.

Tanzania: Dar Tells African Americans: Come and Retire Here
http://allafrica.com/stories/200304060108.html

To me it seems Tanzania since its independence has always been welcoming to AAs and even the revolutionary ones like Malcolm X and even the Panthers.:ehh:

Under Mwalimu for sure. Around time Dar was also a hub for Pan-Africanist thought with people like Walter Rodney teaching there, as well as role they played in South Africa's liberation. Today its a much more conventional African country in terms of foreign policy etc. Still find it to be a welcoming place and one Id suggest to visit/invest in, if opportunities arise. Just pick up some Swahili first.

Sorta related but I occasionanlly ran into AA's in the region, usually working for State Dep/USAID/ or stationed as marines at embassies. Always interesting hearing their reflections.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Most black people don't want to travel though. When I tried to plan a trip to Ethiopia everyone gave me a dirty look like I belong in an insane asylum.
That's an opportunity for you to educate them. Go anyway and then share your experiences. We knock people for their ignorance and don't do anything to put them on the right path

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's an opportunity for you to educate them. Go anyway and then share your experiences. We knock people for their ignorance and don't do anything to put them on the right path

That doesn't work either. Even on this very site there was a thread on here recently where I tried to 'educate' people on Mexico and no one wanted to listen.

Edit: http://www.thecoli.com/posts/21452573/