Talib Kweli Clashes With Black Star Fans Over 'No Fear Of Time' Backlash

mag357

Superstar
Daps
How does impact affect your ears ? Does other people liking something make it sound nicer ? Could you elaborate for me ?
I didn't meant impact as in "on the world".
I meant on me/myself.

Those artists I listed made more of an impact on me when listening to their music the first time, then you become a fan to keep getting that same feeling everytime they put out something new.

And the funny thing is that most fans seem to be impacted by the same artist.
Has to be something to it.

Lyrically: Mos def >>>>> DMX
Impact: DMX>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mos def

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I didn't meant impact as in "on the world".
I meant on me/myself.

Those artists I listed made more of an impact on me when listening to their music the first time, then you become a fan to keep getting that same feeling everytime they put out something new.

And the funny thing is that most fans seem to be impacted by the same artist.
Has to be something to it.

Lyrically: Mos def >>>>> DMX
Impact: DMX>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mos def
Impact on what?

Yes I agree DMX brought “back” grimey hip-hop to the mainstream but I always wonder what people say when they talk about impact. For example Mos impact is nearly unmatched in the underground scene, which in turn impacts all rappers. Of course in 2023 the underground is a lot more diverse so that’s different but back then it was kinda homogenous.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Impact on what?

Yes I agree DMX brought “back” grimey hip-hop to the mainstream but I always wonder what people say when they talk about impact. For example Mos impact is nearly unmatched in the underground scene, which in turn impacts all rappers.
Remember, I'm talking about personal impact.
But it's strange that certain rappers tend to personally impact a broader range of people than others.
And gain bigger fan bases because of that.

Let's use the DMX and mos def comparison, because they seem to be on opposite ends of the spectrum.

Personally, when I listen to DMX his energy, voice, tone etc along with his lyrics make more of an impact on me.... I guess maybe emotionally (can't think of a better word)
He definitely isn't the best lyricist tho.

Mos def is a guy that you appreciate his Lyrical skill level more than how he impacts you emotionally, imo.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Remember, I'm talking about personal impact.
But it's strange that certain rappers tend to personally impact a broader range of people than others.
And gain bigger fan bases because of that.

Let's use the DMX and mos def comparison, because they seem to be on opposite ends of the spectrum.

Personally, when I listen to DMX his energy, voice, tone etc along with his lyrics make more of an impact on me.... I guess maybe emotionally (can't think of a better word)
He definitely isn't the best lyricist tho.

Mos def is a guy that you appreciate his Lyrical skill level more than how he impacts you emotionally, imo.
Got it, thought you were talking about “impact” as in impact on music.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I honestly don’t/didn’t keep up with this nikka much after the music but I have seen some of the thread titles involving him always arguing with ppl and getting banned from different social media spots…nikka sound mad ignorant lol

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
I really don't understand this guy. I made a post on his IG actually giving him PROPS!! Yes, I was giving him props with a post and he then posts this paragraph telling me how he doesn't owe me anything and he doesn't work for me. I was thinking "wtf" and just left it alone. You guys will never understand the confusion I had at the moment. It was very strange.

Last edited: