Talib Kweli Clashes With Black Star Fans Over 'No Fear Of Time' Backlash

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Is it possible he's trolling?

He's well known on social media & has a podcast. I wonder if it's all done to keep numbers up

I’d hate for that to be my existence. Constantly trolling and being known as an over bothered hot head just to get some hype when i’m one of the more talented MC’s who ever lived and my partner is a bonafide superstar.

I refuse to believe thats whats going on. Its even more pathetic than Talib just being one of those people that take themselves wayyyyy too seriously

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
social media is a hell of a drug. :mjlol:

but i get it, some people get frustrated easily and it's normal to be like that, not everyone is gonna be a chill head that just sits back and takes what they're being told.

Pac would be 10x as extra compared to how Talib is, and funny thing is yall would praise that sh*t and defend it like the Barbs do with Nicki, so lets keep that same energy and be more understanding of how frustration works and how different people express that, it is what it is :hubie:

The only way to be a mystery nowadays anyway is to be dead :mjgrin:

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Bruh for a long time I thought most def and talib kweli was just 1 nikka
These the type of rappers nobody really gives a shyt about, but u have to mention their names to seem like you're a real hip hop head

DeuceCypherUno

knowledge God
Daps
Reppin
Straight out the fukkin' dungeons of rap
Bruh for a long time I thought most def and talib kweli was just 1 nikka
These the type of rappers nobody really gives a shyt about, but u have to mention their names to seem like you're a real hip hop head
are you aware you're exposing how stupid you look by admitting this?
how did you think Mos Def AND Talib Kweli was one person?? The fukk you think "AND" means?

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
3 pages in but I have yet to see anyone say if this album is any good or much less is it even worth buying the physical

Talib’s antics aside, the album is great

No, it’s not a part 2 of their first album, but it’s a great album with stripped down - raw production and great songwriting

But I get why many don’t like it

The album album only being available on Luminary left a lot of people upset.

Then there’s only 9 songs and most of the songs are short and the album doesn’t sound like it was properly mixed. I don’t know if that was intentional or not but it does give it a very vintage sound.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I checked the comments for that IG post and Talib is going back and forth with people and attacking them...and they're like :snoop: "get help Talib". He's so damn unhinged and he doesn't even care how it looks that he's attacking his own fans..
Is it possible he's trolling?

He's well known on social media & has a podcast. I wonder if it's all done to keep numbers up
He ain't trolling...he's been like this for YEARS.

He used to follow me on Twitter (before he got his account permanently suspended) so that's how I know.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Man he was literally abusing his own fans when it dropped because they were asking for a vinyl release. Now he's abusing them because they copped it the way he told them too.

Talib legit can't have a civil conversation on the socials.
Random fan :skip: hey Talib...when is the 2LP release coming out? Is it gonna be a picture disc or colored vinyl?

Talib Kweli: :mjtf: i'm not your slave you racist paternalistic nazi white supremacist. This album ain't for you. Go listen to Ye you Nazi and fukk you.
:pacspit:

Random fan :picard: umm....wtf

H.S.

All Star
Daps
It's funny because on his podcast Talib comes across as a pretty chill, level-headed guy. Or maybe I just haven't seen enough of his show.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Im happy I bootlegged that trash, the sole saving grace was that Black Thought verse! Tariq bodied these these satin dashiki and fedora wearing sissies on their own shyt!!!!

I was especially dissapointed with Yasiins verses. Most phoned in, pretentious bullshyt Ive ever heard a top tier rapper spit. He made Prodigy's fall off look like a renaissance act with his contrived, sleepy and mush mouthed flow talking about absolutely NOTHING. Fake deep shyt all around on this album

Kweli might be the most ego inflated C list rapper of all fukking time too, that Jay Z bar on the Black Album fukked that man head up for DECADES. Sir you are not even a top 5 artsy backpacker with that nasally cadence and off-beat caca bars.

Nas, 2pac, Andre 3000, Kanye West, Black Thought, Lupe Fiasco, Common, Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole, Jay Electronica, Elzhi, Royce Da 5'9, MF Doom, 8 out of the 9 members of Wu Tang and the Boot Camp Clik have ALL dropped more though provoking and poignant bars than this milquetoast MC and accused predator

Album so bad he trying hoodwink his last remaining self hating sado-masochistic "real hip-hop" white boy fans into buying it twice!!!

I give it a half a kufi on a scale of 5 kufis, and Im feeling like Jim Jones right about now!!!

Last edited: