TALES OF VESPERIA DEFINITIVE EDITION --- SHOULD I COP?

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Yeah the story was low tier but the combat:wow:

if it wasn’t for the combat it would be Xillia levels of bad

that is odd because most folks online forums or on the tube put it in their top 5, i haven't played it since my ps3 is dead:francis:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Playing on PS4 Pro. And it's not the platform, it's the antiquated system of the game. If you can't see why holding a button just to walk in 3d is old as fukk and jacked in this day in age, Ionno what else to tell you, lol. I guess it may have been good for it's time, but even then...eh. shyt was made in 2008, not 1998.

Exactly! This guy gets it. I end up straight up missing attacks because even I'm targeting an enemy right by me, the free roam will turn me around and shyt. The fighting system is good, but could've been great if it wasn't all awkward.

Its a 2d game stop trying to move like its an action game

you're only suppose to hold the button to move to reposition you're not mean to free roam in 3d during combat, its on a 2d plane

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Its a 2d game stop trying to move like its an action game

you're only suppose to hold the button to move to reposition you're not mean to free roam in 3d during combat, its on a 2d plane

I know what the game is fool. That said, it has a 3d game, it shouldn't be the way that it is. The design is antiquated, even for when it released and especially now. And it plays as an action RPG, so it's action enough to be able to do what I'm stating.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know what the game is fool. That said, it has a 3d game, it shouldn't be the way that it is. The design is antiquated, even for when it released and especially now. And it plays as an action RPG, so it's action enough to be able to do what I'm stating.

Its not a 3d game, its a 2d game, even the camera is fixed when you go into towns and the world map is the same as a 2d RPG game lmao, just because you can move on a 3d plane when you hold the button doesn't change the fact the combat is 2d on a fixed plane like every other tales game before that Zesestria which is the first 3d game

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I mean, yeah, once you actually land a hit and set it up right, you can do some cool juggles and lockdown enemies.

The problem is before you get to that, you have to actually land a hit. And god fukking forbid you get surrounded or deal with a boss that's just walking through your shyt until you get past their damage gate.

Precisely. Landing a hit is a bytch sometimes, especially against some flying enemies once they see you are winning the fight, they just run away like bytches. I'm aware that manual cancelling helps mitigate that, but even that feels wonky. It's annoying too that you can run attack enemies, but that doesn't lead into your normal combo strings. Maybe into your artes, but I don't think that works either w/o cancelling first.

For bosses that do that, I find that ranged tactics is where it's at. Too bad the AI of the other characters don't learn and do stupid stuff and wanna run up on on them when it's not the time for that.

Jumping and the attacks that comes with that are, while not without purpose, are still executed wack overall, especially with no real jump button. Only Judith seems to be able to aerial combo, but I guess that at least helps with the cast variation.

no it is antiquated u right, am saying that on the switch version i played it on u didnt have to hold down the L2 or left triger to free roam after a while u get a skill that lets u do it without it. :russ: but u right it is antiquated no questions

but overall both u guys make valid points, so i can see why ur complaining maybe its the switch version thing idk

am a download the game again and see if u right cuzz i swear after a while u no longer have to hold down the trigger button

Word. So once again they locking out movement options that should just be fundamental basics...like how they did with the character switching in combat eh?:mjlol::hhh:

Overall tho, I still like the game. I think it'll measure up to an 8/10 once I'm done with it. I do like that the characters play very differently. Yuri seems the most well rounded and worthwhile tho.

I just got Flynn for the first time.

Last edited:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Is this game good? It's on sale for $15.00
Yeah. Game is dope. 8.5/10. Some of the mechanics are antiquated as fukk tho. Definitely needs some quality of life upgrades that I'm sure that it won't get. Tales of Berseria is better tho and everything gameplay wise and quality of life wise that Vesperia is missing, it has. Both are really dope games.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I dropped this game after the bit were they are betrayed by their team mate and it turns out he has been working for the other side.

How close am I to the end?

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I dropped this game after the bit were they are betrayed by their team mate and it turns out he has been working for the other side.

How close am I to the end?

Oh, you talking about
Raven.
You still got like 20-40 more hours to go, depending on how you play. That's around the end of act 2 where you're at, I believe.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I got this and when I played it I realized the battle system in this game is a chore to me now because you have to hold down a button to move. The combat in this game has not aged well, it's sad because I really liked this game when it came out but I just can't do it brehs. :yeshrug: