TALES OF VESPERIA DEFINITIVE EDITION --- SHOULD I COP?

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Got it for the 4 and switch. Missed out on it on the 360 but it's a really good game. Be aware though there's some issues with the game especially crashing. I've had it crash multiple times on me on both platforms.

Rell Shyt
Why'd you buy it on both?

I settled on buying for PS4 due to gfx fidelity and it being on sale for less, plus I had a grip of PSN credit ($125, which I only paid 20 bucks out of pocket for) and figured I wouldn't really be playing a massive JRPG on the go like that.

Relldaproblem

Heart Breaker
Daps
Reppin
Nipple Light Specials
Why'd you buy it on both?

I settled on buying for PS4 due to gfx fidelity and it being on sale for less, plus I had a grip of PSN credit ($125, which I only paid 20 bucks out of pocket for) and figured I wouldn't really be playing a massive JRPG on the go like that.

I already had it on the switch then my bro accidentally bought two copies for the 4 so he gave me his. Its def a cleaner experience on the 4.

Rell Shyt

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
How is it compared to berseria?

Two of the best. Both great battle systems and despite Vesperia being much older it doesn't feel dated in battle mechanics. It does lack fast travel compared to Berseria though.

I'd say Vesperia is actually a prettier game because it's cartoon cel shaded graphics never depended on powerful hardware and still looks mad nice to this day.

Both have a great party. It's hard to top Eizen, Magilou, Velvet etc but Yuri IMO is the GOAT protagonist and Raven is another favorite of mine.

Storyline is where there's a gap. Vesperia might be my favorite tales but it's story definitely isn't that strong. It's charming characters and engaging world help make up for it but Berseria is probably the best storyline of the Tales. That or Abyss.

Berseria is really dark in tone compared to other tales. Vesperia is much lighter. Yuri being a renegade who doesn't mind dirtying his hands for the greater good was seen as a breath of fresh air back in the day. Velvet on the other hand kills so many people in Berseria that I lost count lol. Makes Yuri look softer than cotton.

Both great RPGs that should be in every collection.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
How is it compared to berseria?
Vesperia is gonna feel really empty and the battle system legit doesn't even come close imo

I like Vesperia a lot. *Maybe liked it a lot when it came out

but the game doesn't hold a candle to later tales games imo. The story is good but man its a ROUGH start to the game and the battle system feels unresponsive as fukk.

People gotta realize that a 'bad' tales game since Vesperia has come out still has much, much better gameplay and AI. Even out the gates I've seen bosses just sit still and spam supers endlessly - it was bad in Xillia but even worse in Vesperia. You compare it to Graces F or Berseria, games I feel that just get the gameplay down perfectly, and it just doesn't hold up.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Vesperia is gonna feel really empty and the battle system legit doesn't even come close imo

I like Vesperia a lot. *Maybe liked it a lot when it came out

but the game doesn't hold a candle to later tales games imo. The story is good but man its a ROUGH start to the game and the battle system feels unresponsive as fukk.

People gotta realize that a 'bad' tales game since Vesperia has come out still has much, much better gameplay and AI. Even out the gates I've seen bosses just sit still and spam supers endlessly - it was bad in Xillia but even worse in Vesperia. You compare it to Graces F or Berseria, games I feel that just get the gameplay down perfectly, and it just doesn't hold up.

lmao beseria is trash, vesperia combat was bad even when it first came out at the beginning of the game because you are limited, but has the game goes the combat opens up, when vesperia is the same spam fest the entire game, same with graces f all you do is spam the dodge mechanic the entire game, you can't even create your own combos by mapping the artes to individual buttons

there's a reason why people like this game the best

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lmao beseria is trash, vesperia combat was bad even when it first came out at the beginning of the game because you are limited, but has the game goes the combat opens up, when berseria is the same spam fest the entire game, same with graces f all you do is spam the dodge mechanic the entire game, you can't even create your own combos by mapping the artes to individual buttons

there's a reason why people like this game the best

Think you meant Berseria

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
the remaster is awesome but this combat just aged like shyt

i can't play it again

Why you gotta fukking hold a fukking button in battle just to move around n shyt? WHy to jump during button, you have to hold a button and press up? Why you can only jump in battle and not in game (least not at the beginning). Yeah...Ionno about this one brehs.

Hopefully Beseria plays better. Just got that one yesterday, but figured I'd start with Vesperia just to not go through a painful backstep of gameplay antiquation, but considering it still plays clunky IMO, may just have to skip altogether, lol. Ionno...I want to be able to play it...but eh...

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Why you gotta fukking hold a fukking button in battle just to move around n shyt? WHy to jump during button, you have to hold a button and press up? Why you can only jump in battle and not in game (least not at the beginning). Yeah...Ionno about this one brehs.

Hopefully Beseria plays better. Just got that one yesterday, but figured I'd start with Vesperia just to not go through a painful backstep of gameplay antiquation, but considering it still plays clunky IMO, may just have to skip altogether, lol. Ionno...I want to be able to play it...but eh...

Vesperia walked so Berseria could run
Triple entendre don't ask me how