Tales of Arise | PS4/PS5/XB1/XSX/PC | 9/10/21

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I mean. Gameplay has a good foundation for future games, but implementation here wasn't great. Cast is overall good, but depth wise really Shionne and Dophalim stand out.

And story is pretty generic. But my god the last 3rd of the game in the final stretch was :trash: status.

Like I said graphic wise it was a big step up and gameplay for me was a big improvement from Beseria.

To me its a 6-7/10 game. Enjoyable while playing it but Its not good, not bad. Arise is a mid, but it does a great job at getting newcomers into the franchise which is cool :ehh:

The last 10 hours of Arise is probably the worst I've experienced in a Tales game narratively. That was a terrible twist that made the rest of the game feel almost pointless.

Everything before that was great though. It stopped it from being the best Tales, but I can't say it's a 7. I'd give it a 9. Cast was indeed good. Loved them all. Battle system was excellent. It was nice playing a tales game with a budget behind it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The last 10 hours of Arise is probably the worst I've experienced in a Tales game narratively. That was a terrible twist that made the rest of the game feel almost pointless.

Everything before that was great though. It stopped it from being the best Tales, but I can't say it's a 7. I'd give it a 9. Cast was indeed good. Loved them all. Battle system was excellent. It was nice playing a tales game with a budget behind it.
Most Tales games have pretty mediocre plots though. I didn't feel it was any more egregious a plot than many of the other games in the series.