LiaRhZS.gif

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
that reviewer must've been ass
Possibly, the thing I remember the most is that they criticized the lack of customization, the game punished you for switching classes and that it didn't have a lot of freedom of play. Formulaic

Might have been an old gameinformer issue

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

- FFXII The Zodiac Age was the turning point that allowed them to remaster Tactics Ogre Reborn
- Double speed fast forward
- Entirely new sound effects created by the god Yajima who worked on Vagrant Story and FFXII
- Some Skills and Spells axed because there were too many
- Limited amount of skills and spells individuals can equip
- Union level is a level cap on your army (probably because levels matter more now)
- No new story or events, but new music will appear during the story
- Game fully voiced and recording personally attended by Matsuno (He said he doesn't watch anime so his voice actor picks are like for FFXII, VAs that dub western movies and foreign dramas)
- Script is brushed up by Matsuno so it flows better listening to it rather than reading it
- Unit individual leveling is back, as well as training function of the original TO.
- Power leveling is even stronger now (leveling up low level characters that join higher leveled encounters)
- Takashi Katano is the director just like FFXII The Zodiac Age
- UI was made for mouse and keyboard
- AI is better and has more decision layers

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
that's the one with the split screen between turns?

Nah, it didn't have that magic.

I don't remember a split-screen but it definitely didn't have the magic of the original 2. The graphics were weak and they dumbed down the combat so that you move one at a time instead of an enemy simultaneously with your character. I found a little review of it. I remember being disappointed as hell but beating it for the sake of saying I've completed the whole series. I never even bothered checking to see if there was a Vandalier ending.