Tactics Ogre Reborn 11/11 PS/Steam/Switch

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
this game is great. I love games like this :ohlawd:

but Sony Stans told me I shouldn't like it, because it's a 2D game with archaic game design :lupe:

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I'm running through side content right now on ch. 4 law.

Plan on beating it then running through neutral and then chaos for characters before going onto the palace of the dead and CODA :jbhmm:

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
seems relatively easy so far compared to a FFTA or Fire Emblem. I haven't lost a character yet and the only real challenge has been keeping enemy units alive to be recruited. fun game though even though I am a little shaky on a lot of the mechanics lol.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I purchased this game 4 times since they had it on PS with Ogre Battle (another game that needs a remake with Ogre Battle 64). I got the PSP version, the download and a physical I won't open. I am a stan. This remaster basically cleaned up the PSPs few flaws and made the good stuff better. Worth every penny, imo.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some of the difficulty spikes in this game are hell-acious. They force you to boss rush or just get killed.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I purchased this game 4 times since they had it on PS with Ogre Battle (another game that needs a remake with Ogre Battle 64). I got the PSP version, the download and a physical I won't open. I am a stan. This remaster basically cleaned up the PSPs few flaws and made the good stuff better. Worth every penny, imo.
I honestly suck at tactical combat games but want to get into them. Would you recommend this over say, Triangle strategy?

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I honestly suck at tactical combat games but want to get into them. Would you recommend this over say, Triangle strategy?

If budget allows get both. Keep in mind with Tactics Ogre the base game is 26 years old so its a more traditional experience hell its really the father of games like FFT or Vandal hearts. I think this game is easier to pick up, imo than Triangle Strategy but my advice would be don't rush because the actual depth of strategy can be intimidating especially mid game on out.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
if you want a pretty easyty tactics game, @feelosofer mentioned Vandal Hearts. The first one is pretty easy and a good starter tactics game.

Mercenary Saga is also pretty good as astarter, it's like FFT/Tactics ogre lite