T.I. Suggests 6 Dope Black Owned Clothing Companies That People Can Buy From

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
now they sold the companies, and without the hip hop energy behind it they faded, nobody was wearing knockoffs, basic the add cheap alternatives like southpole and the weak ass ekco made by that cac

that's what happens you sell outside the culture, if they sold the companies to other hip hop designers they would've continued to stay fresh

Those rapper brands took nautica, tommy hilfiger's spot

no reason why they can't do with these trash ass euro brands

they not even making new shyt, they making he same shoes, same shirts since the 90s
They didn't flop because they were sold. By the time they were sold they were all mostly washed and irrelevant.

They were loosing money long before urban fashion faded. follow the numbers. and yes most people were not buying those brands at full pop they were fronting with the hood store variants of the same brands. People did not want to spend the money full cost for Black brands and they died. Remixing history won't change it.

Fubu is alive today in Korea via licensing agreement and has the same nostalgic wow as a fila in North America gets with the kids.. Are you trying to tell me Black children have the same value for both brands? :skip:

Not even remotely close and the issue is in perceived value. Not something anybody else can fix for Black people but Black people themselves. You go ahead and stock your shelves with sean john, phat farm etc and see if it gets the same type of traction other old cac gear does then come tell me the problem is accessibility or supply... the problem is demand and the lack thereof.

Surreal

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We gotta keep some things to ourselves
Spread the word another way

Now white people are listening and watching, waiting to “Bevel” our other businesses

Daps
Reppin
NULL
They didn't flop because they were sold. By the time they were sold they were all mostly washed and irrelevant.

They were loosing money long before urban fashion faded. follow the numbers. and yes most people were not buying those brands at full pop they were fronting with the hood store variants of the same brands. People did not want to spend the money full cost for Black brands and they died. Remixing history won't change it.

Fubu is alive today in Korea via licensing agreement and has the same nostalgic wow as a fila in North America gets with the kids.. Are you trying to tell me Black children have the same value for both brands? :skip:

Not even remotely close and the issue is in perceived value. Not something anybody else can fix for Black people but Black people themselves. You go ahead and stock your shelves with sean john, phat farm etc and see if it gets the same type of traction other old cac gear does then come tell me the problem is accessibility or supply... the problem is demand and the lack thereof.

lmao, they sold out at the height of the profitability dumb ass, that's why they sold them, Rocawear didn't fall off until after the sell lmao, because the rock broke up lmao, what are you talking about with this revisonist history

Fubu never stopped making money, they sell it on some bargin bin tj maxx shyt

fubu is played out they shouldn't value it, why would kid want to wear some old ass fubu, they didn't update the style, people in korea dress like 1980's hip hop because they are behind on the times not because they appreciate black culture

the whole point was if fubu was sold to a black designer they could've kept up with the times and kept it fresh, nobody is going to wear fubu designs today because they still look like 90s shyt that is out of style
what can't you understand lmao

If Rocawear and Fubu were failing nobody would want to buy it dumb ass, they company sold at their height because the buyers thought they were buying a high value brand, but they didn't realize without the streets behind the brand it will fail. So they changed the companies to bargin bin shyt, the build quality of the clothes isn't remotely the same as they were at their heights its not a comparison

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
lmao, they sold out at the height of the profitability dumb ass, that's why they sold them, Rocawear didn't fall off until after the sell lmao, because the rock broke up lmao, what are you talking about with this revisonist history

Fubu never stopped making money, they sell it on some bargin bin tj maxx shyt

fubu is played out they shouldn't value it, why would kid want to wear some old ass fubu, they didn't update the style, people in korea dress like 1980's hip hop because they are behind on the times not because they appreciate black culture

the whole point was if fubu was sold to a black designer they could've kept up with the times and kept it fresh, nobody is going to wear fubu designs today because they still look like 90s shyt that is out of style
what can't you understand lmao

If Rocawear and Fubu were failing nobody would want to buy it dumb ass, they company sold at their height because the buyers thought they were buying a high value brand, but they didn't realize without the streets behind the brand it will fail. So they changed the companies to bargin bin shyt, the build quality of the clothes isn't remotely the same as they were at their heights its not a comparison
so are you telling me that a fashionable young lad today would spend dollars today on some mint new modern cut rocawear and the only problem is access to it? :youngsabo: If we make fubu, phatfarm etc palpable to todays market they will still flop because of lack of perceived value as Black brands. You can't stunt in them. Keep talking around the issue it wont hide the problem :youngsabo: and the fubu in Korea does not look washed it is modern made... what makes it "played out" because certainly it isn't being old. Champion and Fila are old and have made an amazing resurgence... so has Tommy:heh: Why can't urban brands do the same :youngsabo:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
the real self hate is right here in this thread. many of these brands hes giving a look i--like many others, im sure--wasnt aware of. it took little time for people to come in talking bout "c00n" this n that. man, some of yall r pathetic.
This

And in the other thread people were asking why didn't he promote black clothing line. Now he's doing it "oh why don't he rap about it" "oh it's only cause Gucci" :gucci:

nikkas love to complain and I bet not a single one of you will cop any of these and just buy a white owned Nike shirt from white owned foot locker:hhh:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
so are you telling me that a fashionable young lad today would spend dollars today on some mint new modern cut rocawear and the only problem is access to it? :youngsabo: If we make fubu, phatfarm etc palpable to todays market they will still flop because of lack of perceived value as Black brands. You can't stunt in them. Keep talking around the issue it wont hide the problem :youngsabo: and the fubu in Korea does not look washed it is modern made... what makes it "played out" because certainly it isn't being old. Champion and Fila are old and have made an amazing resurgence... so has Tommy:heh: Why can't urban brands do the same :youngsabo:

You're not very smart, humble yourself

Rocawear isn't a selling because the clothes are wack

I use to work at 4men a high end clothting store with nothing but over priced shyt rappers and d boys wear the rocafella velour suits cost just as much as the gucci velours and were of the same quality build wise

Rocawear fell off because Rocafella died. There was no sign of slowing down, everything attached to Rocafella was gold, when Jay cut ties with everything it all died at once

Fubu's clothes were already wack by the time rocafella got hot, the designs were wack, fubu was hot before Jay-Z was even a house hold name man lmao,

fubu-baseball-jersey-fubu-05-collection-for.jpg

lmao
0001.jpg

shyt is wack, must be a cac or a super square who can't dress

Fubu was played out in 2000 man lmao, and you talking about a brand that was dead to nikkaz in 2000 in 2019, shyt is wack sauce

there are no black brands marketed by stars you fukking moron

rocawear was successful because Jay-Z was successful and the clothes were fresh too BACK THEN

there is no Jay-Z now, all these new rappers are corny, lames, who have no style, so how are they going to sell clothes when they look corny
rocawear-414x206.jpg
back then you had to be cool to be a rapper, you see that picture 3 cool nikkaz, not some goofy ass asians, or malnutrition dope fiend ass nikka with tattoos on his face

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Fubu is big in Korea because Samsung is their main investor

Fila made a come back because it got bought by a Korean company and got all them kpop boy bands to promote and make it cool again

Pelle could make a come back for sure they had quality clothes and kept up with the times. Fubu making deals with target and Walmart was a grave error and that is why it cant make a come back even if it modernized, it's now seen as poor people clothes. Pelle never made that error and is still in quality standard in people's eyes

Daps
Advertising is important.

I'm not some kind of clothes horse, but if I know about some solid black designers, I'll support them with my dollars. Biggest issue is not self-respect, self-hate or any of that other shyt. I think most of us just haven't heard of these black-owned companies.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Besides Strivers Row..he ain’t never rapped about no Black company and Strivers Row ain’t even Black to my knowledge..but he’s rapped about Gucci, Louie, Prada plenty of times..this just another Houston’s situation

Facts