T.I. Suggests 6 Dope Black Owned Clothing Companies That People Can Buy From

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
T.I, Jay and Meek the biggest fake woke rappers and I really can’t stand them TBH.
if their "fake wokeness" leads to real change I can't be mad. Don't get hung up on the messenger but the message.

I'll never understand being mad at someone because you don't feel like they are doing the right thing for the right reasons... who the fukk cares? It's far more beneficial than them being real ignorant :heh:

FcKuPaYmE

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
T.I, Jay and Meek the biggest fake woke rappers and I really can’t stand them TBH.
They have done more than you though. You dont know if its fake becasue of their past raps. Im happy he giving those brands some shine. Now I and many know and can buy from them. Hopefully they continue being "fake" woke and it ushers in change.

FcKuPaYmE

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
if their "fake wokeness" leads to real change I can't be mad. Don't get hung up on the messenger but the message.

I'll never understand being mad at someone because you don't feel like they are doing the right thing for the right reasons... who the fukk cares? It's far more beneficial than them being real ignorant :heh:
Exactly. nikka sitting on his ass and mad. As long as the message is getting out there thats what is important.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of the shyt Tip posted is not cheap.
I see some T-shirts for the summer I am going to cop from Served Fresh and Strivers Row.

I didnt check the prices, but are they anywhere near haute couture level brand pricing? thats my point. Gucci is about exclusivity. they dont need our money. as many athletes/entertainers we have that purchase that shyt, its thousands of whites that have that money to burn. 1-7 white families are millionaire while 1-50 blacks are millionaires. dont even get into how many whites have quarter-mil or higher compared to black. about 80% of the millionaires in America are white. think about all these rappers that you see throwing cash around in car dealerships. you know they are Gucci down. items only have value according to the buyer and seller agreement. we get wrapped up in the cost because its a way to elevate our status over someone else, perception wise at least. I will fukk with some of these brands though, because if I think the shyt fly, its fly.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
I thought as a community we were sposed to be rising above silly valueless material things and investing and putting our money into appreciating assets that help us longterm?

tingfa

Rookie
Daps
Ain’t nobody tryna fukkin wear ac00n

FOH tip with your bum ass clothing line

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
black people are starting to talk about reparations and he's talking about Gucci.

We can't multi-task? :usure: Besides, if we get that reparations money, we can then blow it all on $600 belts and $120 sweatshirts that we'll accidentally throw in the dryer and shrink. Then we'll have to get another one, but hey, we're spending it with our folks. You gotta look at the big picture fam :troll:

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
the colors on the black owned stuff is way better. matches our hair and skin better

it dont make sense for us to wear euro/cac stuff

i'd think i'd mentally feel better wearing my peoples stuff.

any black people making regular tees and jeans tho? you know the basics? I'm trying to make the full switch (before someone come in with a smart mouth.. Sean John dont work for me)