T.I. Suggests 6 Dope Black Owned Clothing Companies That People Can Buy From

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I'll give him props for helping to advertise them on IG. That's a good move. But will people start rapping about these brands or wearing them to award shows or making them cool? That's what I want to see. Why is Gucci cool, beyond the fact that they make luxury/good products?

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Besides Strivers Row..he ain’t never rapped about no Black company and Strivers Row ain’t even Black to my knowledge..but he’s rapped about Gucci, Louie, Prada plenty of times..this just another Houston’s situation

i get what you're saying but at least he's putting it out there because some of those I'd never heard of honestly, and wouldn't have if he didn't post them. It's got to come from and start somewhere breh.

knickscity

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Bed-Stuy
T.I. hasn't truly learned from Houstons I see. These upscale white folks don't really want nor need black people money, and they do shyt from time to time to tell you.

Besides, the average black person isn't shopping at Gucci anyway, so who is he really talking to?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Karl Kani came back with a limited run n nobody cared same time they all eating up nostalgic FILA

the problem is lack of self respect. Let's start there. People are not buying Black because they don't value Black.

thats bullshyt, everybody supporter fubu, rocawear, phat farm, sean john, and all tha shyt

the next generation of hip hop were all suckers and became customers again when the generation before was dominated by being self made

also black people ain't buying gucci like that, gucci ain't even that popular right now, the fad was over in the mid 2000s,, you just got lame rappers on that tip because thats what they learned through rap is whats fly, instead of being natural fly people

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll give him props for helping to advertise them on IG. That's a good move. But will people start rapping about these brands or wearing them to award shows or making them cool? That's what I want to see. Why is Gucci cool, beyond the fact that they make luxury/good products?

its a status symbol, most nikkaz didn't know what gucci and versace were until nikkaz was rapping about in the 90s stunting

the problem is why are young nikkaz trying to wear shyt "old heads" was rocking, if I could find my gucci shyt from 2003 I could still wear it and people will think its new, (everything was baggy back then so I can still wear it)

gucci was a fad for nikkaz, shyt always some white hipster bullshyt, its all over priced, but these new age rappers are either fake suburb nikkaz who never struggled so they don't know how to stunt or they some bamas with bad taste

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
thats bullshyt, everybody supporter fubu, rocawear, phat farm, sean john, and all tha shyt

the next generation of hip hop were all suckers and became customers again when the generation before was dominated by being self made

also black people ain't buying gucci like that, gucci ain't even that popular right now, the fad was over in the mid 2000s,, you just got lame rappers on that tip because thats what they learned through rap is whats fly, instead of being natural fly people
There was a discussion on the boards about this and I would say MAJORITY of people wore the "hood gear store" variants aka fakes of urban apparel which is one of the reasons the market bottomed out while it was still in fashion.

If we a do a poll on this board right now I bet you all my coli cash most posters who were around back then were wearing cheaper knockoffs of the real thing. My point still stands. A lack of value for Black product exists and this only further illustrates the point.

When it comes to Euro fashion or cac brands in general we clown and ridicule people that wear knock offs but most nikkaz had no problem bootlegging their own out of existence... fubu, rocawear, phat farm, sean john were all heavily bootlegged. Your average consumer back then was buying their gear from a hood fashion store and most of them did not sell authentic merchandise from the brand itself or have any accounts with the brand.

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
the colors on the black owned stuff is way better. matches our hair and skin better

it dont make sense for us to wear euro/cac stuff

i'd think i'd mentally feel better wearing my peoples stuff.

any black people making regular tees and jeans tho? you know the basics? I'm trying to make the full switch (before someone come in with a smart mouth.. Sean John dont work for me)
Williamsburg garments has caught my eye.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
There was a discussion on the boards about this and I would say MAJORITY of people wore the "hood gear store" variants aka fakes of urban apparel which is one of the reasons the market bottomed out while it was still in fashion.

If we a do a poll on this board right now I bet you all my coli cash most posters who were around back then were wearing cheaper knockoffs of the real thing. My point still stands. A lack of value for Black product exists and this only further illustrates the point.

When it comes to Euro fashion or cac brands in general we clown and ridicule people that wear knock offs but most nikkaz had no problem bootlegging their own out of existence... fubu, rocawear, phat farm, sean john were all heavily bootlegged. Your average consumer back then was buying their gear from a hood fashion store and most of them did not sell authentic merchandise from the brand itself or have any accounts with the brand.

now they sold the companies, and without the hip hop energy behind it they faded, nobody was wearing knockoffs, basic the add cheap alternatives like southpole and the weak ass ekco made by that cac

that's what happens you sell outside the culture, if they sold the companies to other hip hop designers they would've continued to stay fresh

Those rapper brands took nautica, tommy hilfiger's spot

no reason why they can't do with these trash ass euro brands

they not even making new shyt, they making he same shoes, same shirts since the 90s