T.I. Suggests 6 Dope Black Owned Clothing Companies That People Can Buy From

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC

No pun intended, but one must tip their hat to T.I. Most of us can easily highlight problems, but the ATL legend has just as easily highlighted a solution for the ongoing blatant disrespect being exhibit by diva fashion houses for Black people.

T.I. has basically offered the best solution for an ongoing problem: start supporting dope clothing labels from within The Culture. Some of us are already doing that. For those of who aren't doing so then this is a great time to begin to explore your clothing options moving forward.

History repeats itself (for better or worse) because people allow it to do so. We strongly suggest people take the lessons learned from this recent incident of Gucci showing blatant disrespect for Black people and using it as a starting point to begin to study history and understand the tough lessons learned over the generations of the past. This is the exact reason why the Hip-Hop community began to fashion clothing in the 1990s.

Salute to all our younger peeps (Black, Brown, White, etc). Let's all make this world a better place moving forward and that starts with each one of us.

Check out the dope clothing brand suggestions T.I. made below. Also, we strongly recommend anyone who's interested in further understanding how these diva fashion houses are negatively impacting not only the style, but the culture of the Hip-Hop community, to read this article here.

"Amir James Clothing/Apparel Black History In Real Time @amirjamesclothiers #BlackOwned"

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
Besides Strivers Row..he ain’t never rapped about no Black company and Strivers Row ain’t even Black to my knowledge..but he’s rapped about Gucci, Louie, Prada plenty of times..this just another Houston’s situation

DaKidFromNoWhere

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Tar Heel State
so...... was he dropping millions on these black owned clothes like he did Gucci:jbhmm:
I don't knock the idea but damn you have to wait until some shyt like this happened to post this.:rudy:
Cats be the same type of dudes who would probably have clowned a man in the past if he worse this.
Shout out to cats like LL who had no problem pushing a black brand when they were in their prime.:salute:

Last edited:

Self_Born7

SUN OF MAN
Daps
Reppin
all 23 million miles of useful land
his fake azz will be back in gucci by the time there new spring collection come out... just like all these other kneegrows
I see kneegrows still shopping at H&M all the time,,, I thought we were supposed to boycott them as well?
truth is these racist cacs will continue to put out racist/negative images of us, b/c they know in due time when the controversy cools off, we'll be back to shopping at their stores. :stopitslime::scust::martin::sas2:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Besides Strivers Row..he ain’t never rapped about no Black company and Strivers Row ain’t even Black to my knowledge..but he’s rapped about Gucci, Louie, Prada plenty of times..this just another Houston’s situation

to be fair....all those suits he wears are hideoki bespoke....

he's on hideoki's IG all the time

the rest of that street wear shyt is not my style.....whewn i can afford it....im going with hideoki suits

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its a shame but black people dont want to wear a lot of this stuff because they are clout chasing so it has to be something that is known to be expensive and damn near out of reach for the avg black consumer. I think it was Jalen Rose, when they asked about Marbury's vs Jordans and he was real talk when he said he commended Stephon for his brand and the quality but at the same time, growing up in the hood, you gonna get clowned when everyone see you with some $14 retail shyts on....most of us too stupid to know Starbury's and Jordans cost the same to produce but one is marked up 5000%

DaKidFromNoWhere

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Tar Heel State
its a shame but black people dont want to wear a lot of this stuff because they are clout chasing so it has to be something that is known to be expensive and damn near out of reach for the avg black consumer. I think it was Jalen Rose, when they asked about Marbury's vs Jordans and he was real talk when he said he commended Stephon for his brand and the quality but at the same time, growing up in the hood, you gonna get clowned when everyone see you with some $14 retail shyts on....most of us too stupid to know Starbury's and Jordans cost the same to produce but one is marked up 5000%
A lot of the shyt Tip posted is not cheap.
I see some T-shirts for the summer I am going to cop from Served Fresh and Strivers Row.