Sylvester Stallone’s brother blasts Michael B. Jordan over Creed III

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Probably isn't even between the 2. Probably just salty his franchise got handed over to a new actor.

The interesting thing about it is that he might have unintentionally caused the the upcoming film to tank with his recent comments. The last season was already running out of steam and a lot of people might not take this film serious enough without Ricky especially if they feel he got forced out of the role.

It could create a situation where people are automatically biased and not give it a fair shake.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
The interesting thing about it is that he might have unintentionally caused the the upcoming film to tank with his recent comments. The last season was already running out of steam and a lot of people might not take this film serious enough without Ricky especially if they feel he got forced out of the role.

It could create a situation where people are automatically biased and not give it a fair shake.
Yep it could be part of the plan too

Daps

Breh, if you think ppl are watching Creed for Rocky at this point...

And I say that as a huge Rocky fan. I'm a HUGE fan of Rocky, I believe it's the greatest American story ever told. But yeah, Creed is injecting new life into the franchise, and Rocky the character simply can't be that for this generation.

Creed is taking Rocky and making it hip-hop almost.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Breh, if you think ppl are watching Creed for Rocky at this point...

And I say that as a huge Rocky fan. I'm a HUGE fan of Rocky, I believe it's the greatest American story ever told. But yeah, Creed is injecting new life into the franchise, and Rocky the character simply can't be that for this generation.

Creed is taking Rocky and making it hip-hop almost.

You’re entitled to your opinion but Rocky helped make those 2nd movies work as well. People are very fickle when legacy characters are removed from certain films and even you‘d admit that. This will be the first Creed film where we actually get to see elements that don’t mainly involve aspects from the previous Rocky films.

We will see how it does in due time. Even then, Stallone isn’t wrong at all for his feelings as we always say on this site all the time about ownership of your work.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it's cause Rocky was dead in the water ever since Rocky Balboa. He didn't think the franchise was going anywhere else (because of his age) until MBJ got involved and Creed was successful.

Now that he's seeing that the franchise will continue past his death, he wants a piece of it for his family to profit from. Which I understand. Sure he got paid 10 mill to appear in the Creed movie, but what about when he's too old to appear or he dies. He still wants that money awarded to his estate for his children and grandchildren and future progeny.

Stallone is worth $400 million dollars though. His kids will be fine.

If he really truly wanted equity, he would have figured it out and bought in. I'm sure the old dude would've sold (some shares, not all) if the price was right. He's also had years to produce other movie series that he owned out right.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Stallone had a hand in the script. He wrote the story.

Of course Michael B. Jordan brought in some black writers to make it feel more authentic as a follow up to Creed. However, the Drago outline is all Stallone.

Did Stallone rewrite the script? He said MBJ was chasing him for years with the CREED script before he finally agreed to do it.