Sylvester Stallone’s brother blasts Michael B. Jordan over Creed III

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Creed III was pretty trash though. Finally saw it. :yeshrug:

I'm gonna watch it but I find it weird that they making Rocky movies without Stallone.

Just on some Hip Hop shyt. It's like Young Thug making that Barter album.

If they don't do well without Stallone, it'd be karmic justice

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Oh man..

The writing is kinda falling apart. Just some really contrived, predictable plot devices...

The action is good. The acting is good. Majors is excellent. He's a chameleon. He really is a great actor.

I'll give it a preemptive 3/5 (give it one good spin). Got about half more to go.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
There isn't. Stallone passed the torch on to MBJ just as he's doing for Statham and The Expendables. He's made both of those comments very clear, which is why his brother's reactions and criticisms make no sense whatsoever.
Nah Sly was cut out of this franchise. Don't think it was his choice to leave.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Nah Sly was cut out of this franchise. Don't think it was his choice to leave.
Realistically, what role did he expect to continue having with the franchise? It's a sport franchise and he's old as dirt. studio not really trying to pay him lead actor money to be a cornerman or distracting from the plot and the action to cut to the corner all the time.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Realistically, what role did he expect to continue having with the franchise? It's a sport franchise and he's old as dirt. studio not really trying to pay him lead actor money to be a cornerman or distracting from the plot and the action to cut to the corner all the time.
It still sounded like he wanted to be in III and fell out with them over the direction of the franchise and walked over that.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Remember when Stallone got the Oscar and he didn't mention MBJ or someone else?

I feel like there is something going on in the background

Per highly respectable and extremely credible poster @FabTrey thats false.

He got deep ties in Hollywood and had confirmed that’s not true. Sly and MBJ are good

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
I'm gonna watch it but I find it weird that they making Rocky movies without Stallone.

Just on some Hip Hop shyt. It's like Young Thug making that Barter album.

If they don't do well without Stallone, it'd be karmic justice

Karmic justice? :mjpls: And the film did better financially without Stallone.

Also apparently he came up with the idea of rocky, a story about some cac boxer who defeats Black boxers, in the 70's after watching Ali defeat some cac :mjpls:

Therefore the entire franchise is nothing but a white nationalist dream for cacs.

So since that's how it started, a black centric spinoff like Creed is fully justified. In fact it's surprising that Black directors didn't do anything like this before.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Karmic justice? :mjpls: And the film did better financially without Stallone.

Also apparently he came up with the idea of rocky, a story about some cac boxer who defeats Black boxers, in the 70's after watching Ali defeat some cac :mjpls:

Therefore the entire franchise is nothing but a white nationalist dream for cacs.

So since that's how it started, a black centric spinoff like Creed is fully justified. In fact it's surprising that Black directors didn't do anything like this before.

I don't know...

Make your own movie about whatever characters you want and make whatever statement you want?

Using Stallone's IP is not some kind of justice for inequality. Agree with the message of Rocky or not, biting is biting.

Stallone got jammed up by a shifty business man by signing Rocky over to the producer just to get the opportunity.. but don't we think that's foul when it comes to rappers and other entertainers who fall into this trap?

And

If Rocky is so offensive, why tie yourself to it in the first place? Obviously the Rocky franchise was agreeable enough for Jordan to sign onto on the first place. But suddenly it's fukc Rocky franchise cause it's offensive.

Oochie Wally or One Mic?