SYFY might have another one! The Magicians

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
One crisis averted, another one around the corner :skip:

I really enjoyed both episodes, with the 1st evolving into a heist episode and the 2nd being a time loop one. It benefited the story by having most of the characters all together and working on a single problem, with Fen being the only one really left in Fillory. The second episode in particular was good for Elliot in dealing with his PTSD from the monster taking over his body last season.

With the Earth crisis handled for now, it looks like they switch over to what is going on in Fillory with the Dark King and the fairies.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
tumblr_puqmw0zYCI1wtynido1_500.png

tumblr_puqmw0zYCI1wtynido3_r1_500.png

tumblr_puqmw0zYCI1wtynido2_r1_500.png

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
The Dark King being responsible for the Takers isn't surprising, but why exactly? Maybe just a way to keep power for himself :patrice:

Other Todd blowing up was :bryan:

Psycho Fogg was menacing :merchant:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
The Dark King being responsible for the Takers isn't surprising, but why exactly? Maybe just a way to keep power for himself :patrice:

Other Todd blowing up was :bryan:

Psycho Fogg was menacing :merchant:

I'm confused about something. I thought all Foggs from all timelines were the same person? Or at least that the "current" Fogg has the continuous memory of all previous Foggs.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This season has been better than the last one. I know Q’s death was a bit controversial but after reading the synopsis of the books I can see why it was somewhat necessary.

Margo and Eliot have been the best two characters on the show since season 2, even in this ep they have each other’s mannerisms down perfectly. The chemistry is off the charts

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I'm confused about something. I thought all Foggs from all timelines were the same person? Or at least that the "current" Fogg has the continuous memory of all previous Foggs.

Not sure exactly, but I think it works like Penny and Penny 23 sort of. With there being a different one for each timeline.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I knew Julia was pregnant in real life, surprised to see them write it into the show :ohhh:. Considering where she stands with Penny.

Alice discovering what Quentin's note is, should be familiar with anyone who has read the 3rd book in the series :ehh:.

Margo/Elliot pulling a Freaky Friday to end the Dark King was fun. Both did a solid job nailing the mannerisms. I figured killing the Dark King wouldn't be that easy. I guess the tree wasn't the conduit :patrice:. Still not sure why he feels he has an obligation to be King, maybe the next episode will shed more light.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Not sure exactly, but I think it works like Penny and Penny 23 sort of. With there being a different one for each timeline.
There was a scene in Season 1 where Quentin compares the time loops to Groundhog Day. Dean Fogg stops him and says something like "You always say that in every time loop. So I've made it a point to never watch it". So I was under the impression his mind resets to the beginning of each loop.

But in this episode, he said that his world continued onward even after the loop reset.

Maybe that's how it works. Dean Fogg's has memories of each loop, but there's a duplicate/clone version of him that keeps on going as a separate individual when Jane resets the loop.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Syfy Cancels The Magicians with Current, Fifth Season
Syfy's The Magicians will come to an end with the conclusion of its current fifth season.

"The Magicians has been a part of our Syfy family for five fantastic seasons," Syfy told Deadline. "As we near the end of this journey, we want to thank John McNamara, Sera Gamble, Henry Alonso Myers, Lev Grossman, and our entire brilliant cast, crew, writers and directors for their beautiful creation. But most of all, we thank the fans for their tremendous support and passion. Because of you, magic will be in our hearts forever."

RELATED: Grossman's The Magicians Return for New Story in Comic Miniseries

Continue scrolling to keep reading Click the button below to start this article in quick view.

Start now

As for the reason the series is ending, its believed steadily declining ratings and steadily increasing production costs both played a role in the network's decision. That said, it's also believed the showrunners took the possibility of cancellation into consideration and as such, the Season 5 finale was written as a natural conclusion to the series.

Based on the Lev Grossman novel of the same name, The Magicians debuted on Syfy in 2015. The series centers on students at Brakebills University for Magical Pedagogy, the leading institution for the study of magic in North America.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Saw the news :francis:

Just reading the show-runners talk about it, it sounds like they wrote the season finale to serve as a series finale as well, so I don't expect to end on a major cliff-hanger :ehh:. I'm not too surprised considering I can't think of many Syfy shows making it past season 5 and some fans being upset at what happened at the end of last year. Overall I think this season has been really good, even with the absence of Q and 5 seasons is a solid run for any show considering how many get canceled after a season or two.