Swole talks about representation issues with AEW

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
This is fake, there’s no source for this comment
Yea that why I was like "if this is true", seems to be deleted now.

The wrestling fanbase has made it loud and clear they don't want to see black wrestlers succeed. A lot of them don't see anything wrong with Brandi's promo and Tony's response to Swole.
Funny thing is most of them are framing it as "Tony has a right to defend himself" like Swole attacked him.

Last edited:

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
Yea that was like "if this is true", seems to be deleted now.

Funny thing is most of them are framing it as "Tony has a right to defend himself" like Swole attacked him.

Tony won't limit himself from social media. Like I said his ego will not allow it, and it will be the downfall of his company.

He is going to say or do something stupid again, and its probably going to be something worse than what he said in response to Swole.

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
Apparently Khan still in his feelings?

If this is true then what did Lio accomplish?
What has Shotty and Velvet done?

And of course he mentions Brandi lol. Like I said earlier, Brandi isnt the right one to be in that position.

tweet gone?

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos

AEW Stan’s starting to become just as unbearable as WWE Stan’s

They use Scorpio sky and Nyla rose as their “but they were black champs” token, and always miss the point. Sidenote, they still mentioning shyt that happened in 2019.

MEANWHILE, WWE had two Black women main event a Wrestlemania, had 2 black champs (also had a black man give up the belt to another black man), multiple black tag champs, black 24/7, nxt, and NA champs all since the pandemic

It really ain’t a competition when it comes to black excellence and how we are treated.

Don't forget the work that Titus O Neil puts in on the background note:wow:

Folks thinking brehs want to put the kufi on Vince, when in reality you can count a bottom eucalyptus leaf of the amount of black excellence coming out of that company even before Covid.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Goes back to what Swole was sayin. They have no black people in positions to say "Yo, that aint it and here is why". Brandi is black in color but that fact that she let that promo slide/ok'd it let's us know she isnt the right person and she doesnt get why that was a shyt thing to do.

When I heard that black bytch line I immediately thought of Higher Learning.

Also........................i dont like that Nyla Rose is being toted as a Black Woman.
1. Discredits all the shyt real black women had to go thru.
2. I need some carfax on this, where his parents? I thought he was Mexican or something that transitioned. A few sites has his nationality listed as Native American as well.
Black and Native American, but your point still applies

ALTRUISM

"My enemy is a notion, not a nation."
Daps
One restaurant advertises a burger that isn't made or treated as well as its other food, but at least they serve them to polarizing results.

The other restaurant doesn't even advertise a burger; yet has them at the furthest end of the menu. Then the owner gets upset when you want one, or think they should be placed a little higher up on the menu. Oh, and the customers are throwing stuff at you while you voice this.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

Add on to the fact that Lashley or Big E are going to get the title back from Lesnar, or Roman wins both titles:lolbron:.
Was a tweet some podcast made, said Tony said some more stuff about the Swole situation. It was fake.
There's not even a need to fake anything since his actual tweet was so bad.

AEW Stan’s starting to become just as unbearable as WWE Stan’s

They use Scorpio sky and Nyla rose as their “but they were black champs” token, and always miss the point. Sidenote, they still mentioning shyt that happened in 2019.

MEANWHILE, WWE had two Black women main event a Wrestlemania, had 2 black champs (also had a black man give up the belt to another black man), multiple black tag champs, black 24/7, nxt, and NA champs all since the pandemic

It really ain’t a competition when it comes to black excellence and how we are treated.

Start? Who do you think started these stan wars in the first place?:mjlol:

Last edited:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Wrestling twitter does not have the nuance to discuss whatsoever on either side of the fence from what Im seeing:mjlol:

I will say represenation and diversity for Swole probably also meant the backstage culture and thats just gonna take time with them signing more people even if they do end up being on AEW Dark. WWE cultavated enough of a roster where there was black folks in key positions on screen and off such as Ryan Ward, and you kinda saw the culture build up (NXT too) And of course you saw black talent feel comfortable where there was enough of them around where they all had comradire that even the other talent could rock with. Im sure in AEW the latin and obviously white talent and some Asian feel cool but for the handful of black folks like Swole its not what they hoped especially when even indie and small feds like MLW and they were allowed to truly be them on screen.

And again AEW and Cody and all were the ones thumping about diversity and guess what Swole intially was brought in to be apart of that, so even if shes talking black folks if she felt like that wasnt happening cant blame her.

I know people dont wanna hear it takes time shyt but its obviously gonna take time while sign and develop more black talent and they still gotta produced what they have which has an audience. Plus I think if they can afford its time to utilize that forbidden door for a proper farm system or training school which looking at the landscape Im almost certain can cultivate that culture you're looking for and steady send them up.

Yes they are people adopting this discussion is severe bad faith but if it gets them to focus on it, then I dont think this is in an issue down the road (even though the people weaponizing the discussion for stan wars will absolutley still use it)

Last edited:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Goes back to what Swole was sayin. They have no black people in positions to say "Yo, that aint it and here is why". Brandi is black in color but that fact that she let that promo slide/ok'd it let's us know she isnt the right person and she doesnt get why that was a shyt thing to do.

When I heard that black bytch line I immediately thought of Higher Learning.

Also........................i dont like that Nyla Rose is being toted as a Black Woman.
1. Discredits all the shyt real black women had to go thru.
2. I need some carfax on this, where his parents? I thought he was Mexican or something that transitioned. A few sites has his nationality listed as Native American as well.

Welp, the problem is Brandi IS that black person in power and she's gotta know better.

You aint even gotta be black to stop that and thats part of the thing too

Ace Money

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As someone who is currently dissertating around/studying socio-political identity, a former diversity officer, and a racial minority (Black/African-American/African Diasporic), I can't emphasize enough how much of a clusterfukk this turned into.

While "Diversity and Inclusion," "Equity," and "Social Justice," are often used both interchangeably and lazily by these organizations, of tantamount importance its that--even when used by marginalized classes--they tend to mask what the actual inequities are.

Plot twist: However, where Khan fukked up is that he failed to listen and essentially centered himself by engaging in a very public display of cognitive dissonance. What's even worse, though, is that he was specifically told what the issue was. Instead of silently having conversation and taking action, he doubles down; instead of establishing a division of younger professionals to aid in supporting the "D&I" needs of talent, he goes on a twitter diatribe; instead of hiring more personnel of color at the corporate level--with similar political interests and disposition as the aforementioned division--he publicly disregards a Black Woman who was both humble and vulnerable enough to offer critique to a fledgling company.

On a related note, I'm all for historically marginalized groups receiving opportunities to be "represented." However, these organizations are themselves representative of the same sociological cesspool from which they have emerged (An American carny outfit with roots dating as far back as two centuries.). Many of them are structurally rotten. As such, I'm hesitant to co-sign having "a black face in a high place" if they're going to be primarilly tasked with serving as the sole entity to speak on behalf of all Black employees (If anything, this shyt is differently problematic because for better or worse, this person has essentially become the clearinghouse for all things "Black."). Basically, before he hires that PR team, dude needs to reassess what it looks like to operate in today's climate.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
Y’all say what you want to say about Kevin Nash, but some of the most insightful things about wrestling have come out of his mouth.

I believe he was the one who said you can tell this business is fake because its the only sport where the white guys go over the black guys in a regular basis

904Lurker

R.I.P Young Dolph
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville,Fl
Y’all say what you want to say about Kevin Nash, but some of the most insightful things about wrestling have come out of his mouth.

I believe he was the one who said you can tell this business is fake because its the only sport where the white guys go over the black guys in a regular basis
The original fantasy sport