Swole talks about representation issues with AEW

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
I gotta disagree with you there breh (unless you're referring just to the promo side of things, in which there I mostly agree with you) and that's one of my biggest criticisms of AEW and Tony Khan right now. He doesn't have a creative bone in his body, he has come up with 0 interesting original characters.

Mean Mark Callous came to WWF and became the Undertaker
Glenn Jacobs was Unabomb in Smoky Mountain, came to WWF and became Isaac Yankem (flop) Fake Diesel (flop) and then Kane
"The Natural" Dustin Rhodes came to WWF and became Goldust
Cactus Jack became Mankind
Sean Morley was "Steele" in Mexico under a mask and became Val Venis

I can't say for sure just how much individual input the wrestlers themselves had in coming up with those gimmicks, but the bottom line is they made a character/gimmick that elevated each of those guys to something new.

in AEW every wrestler comes in exactly as they were in the indies, same name same gear etc. Sometimes it takes a booker going "The Cactus Jack character is okay but we have this in mind" or "We want you to be known for something other than being Dusty Rhodes's son" and creating a character for a talent to take them to the next level.
Really good points. Which is why I'm really curious what she meant writing wise. Does she want a script or does she want character direction.

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
Twitter Tony is at it again. He gets so emotional on social media he tends to embarrass himself doing these rants. Swole expressed her opinion as an employee. Agree or disagree, bashing her wrestling ability publicly is low even for him.

Just focus on putting on a good product instead of responding to everything on social media.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Well Wednesday already rubbed me the wrong way. They've rushed at the opportunity to apologize before even apologizing for shyt that happened on Youtube. There should've been an apology since this was on network TV and instead what we got was it posted to the official Youtube page in 1080p.

He's not even intelligent enough to not say anything, instead he discredits her by saying she sucks at her job and "look at my list of blacks that won a match this month!!!".

Safe to say I've watched my last few minutes of AEW wrestling and I won't be in the Stinks thread anymore either. Best of luck to y'all.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
All of the AEW leadership is terrible at PR.

They really are. Even Pat McAfee addressed it earlier in the year. Pat was praising AEW and Cody's stupid ass said something about how Pat has been calling them about coming in. Pat squashed that saying he's never contacted anyone from AEW and ever since then, he hasn't been talking about AEW on his show outside of the subtle Adam Cole, CM Punk or Sting references.

Edit - Here's the clip

Last edited:
Daps
I was an AEW fan,but criticized many of their angles. I was not the biggest Swole fan, but she had personality. That being said, fukk Tony Khan. I ain't supporting that dude no longer. WWE is god awful, so I guess I'm out of wrestling for a while.