Swole talks about representation issues with AEW

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I think her statements on diversity are good points, but I don't understand her take on women's wrestling. The AEW women's roster at launch and during the start of the pandemic, which included her, was terrible. Outside of Shida, almost every match was terrible to watch. Luckily during the pandemic, they were able to bring in better wrestlers and really grow the interest of their division by putting on better matches and characters. The women have 1 match on Rampage and either 1 match + 1 segment or 2 matches every Dynamite, and they're not 3 minute matches either. I think they've been doing a good job showcasing the women for at least the last year.

It sounds to me like she'd be better off in the WWE developmental system rather than learning on the fly in AEW. There's nothing wrong with that. I was actually thinking awhile ago that AEW should probably look into buying a developmental territory like OVW and letting some of these talents they put on Dark figure it out there instead.

Remy LeBreh

Linconia
Daps
Reppin
CLB/CLE/ALB
Cac wrestling fans on reddit are shytting on this as expected:russ:
This has kinda been why I can't fully get into AEW, not that a wrestling show needs to cater exclusively to us but AEW has a real "weirdo cac" vibe that is super off-putting and there's no regular brehs of note to counteract it. Scorpio is a Cornball, Hobbs is :ld: and they don't do shyt with Private Party. Every other breh is a jobber:manny:
The only black person getting impactful screen time is Brandi:francis:

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
I think her statements on diversity are good points, but I don't understand her take on women's wrestling. The AEW women's roster at launch and during the start of the pandemic, which included her, was terrible. Outside of Shida, almost every match was terrible to watch. Luckily during the pandemic, they were able to bring in better wrestlers and really grow the interest of their division by putting on better matches and characters.

It sounds to me like she'd be better off in the WWE developmental system rather than learning on the fly in AEW. There's nothing wrong with that. I was actually thinking awhile ago that AEW should probably look into buying a developmental territory like OVW and letting some of these talents they put on Dark figure it out there instead.

If it wasn't for the ongoing pandemic, AEW should send some of these talents on excursions to Japan, Mexico, and even Europe.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos

Breh it took almost a year and some change for R Truth to be champ in TNA and this was before the Spike deal. No excuses :stopitslime:. Its not even about the belt, its about pushing black folks to not look like Streets of Rage villains.

How is it that most indie companies know how to book black wrestlers, IMPACT KNOWS HOW TO BOOK BLACK WRESTLERS, ROH on its death bed knew how to book black wrestlers, and even....sighs...WWE tries to know how to book black wrestlers, but in AEW's defense:

"It takes time"

Bullshyt it do:stopitslime:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos

Tony responded

Yet he allow Brandi call herself a "black bytch" in the midst of 90 percent cac audience...but I digress.
R.5f13d1eaa7ca3e8506794ac9be0d64b0

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Ricky Starks or Powerhouse Hobbs should be holding the TNT title right now.

Hobbs should have been the person to beat Miro in September instead of Sammy.

I don't think Ricky Starks is healthy. He hasn't really wrestled outside of that battle royal in months. I don't think Hobbs is ready for the TNT title either, but he should be getting TV time like Wardlow is getting right now. His booking has been pretty bad, especially since Punk specifically asked to work him & then they didn't build anything immediate off of that match.

The fact of the matter is, AEW doesn't really have game changing black talent right now. The same people complaining about Scorpio Sky, Jay Lethal, Lio Rush, etc are the same ones who go and clown on these guys promos and matches. I think AEW is going to sign Shane Strickland once his 90 days are over. That guy is a can't miss star. If they drop the ball with him, then you know there's some bullshyt happening.

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
I don't think Ricky Starks is healthy. He hasn't really wrestled outside of that battle royal in months. I don't think Hobbs is ready for the TNT title either, but he should be getting TV time like Wardlow is getting right now. His booking has been pretty bad, especially since Punk specifically asked to work him & then they didn't build anything immediate off of that match.

The fact of the matter is, AEW doesn't really have game changing black talent right now. The same people complaining about Scorpio Sky, Jay Lethal, Lio Rush, etc are the same ones who go and clown on these guys promos and matches. I think AEW is going to sign Shane Strickland once his 90 days are over. That guy is a can't miss star. If they drop the ball with him, then you know there's some bullshyt happening.

I wonder if Ricky is still having issues from the injury he got in the Hangman match this year.