Swole talks about representation issues with AEW

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
Tony Khan fukked up BADLY with that tweet. :francis: He needs to do like Lio said and APOLOGIZE. I can’t believe he didn’t delete it yet or acknowledge how messed up his response was. :mindblown: He should’ve just taken the criticism (he was NOT attacked, nothing said was out of line) and do better to showcase Black performers in 2022.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

This is the kind of stuff I hate. While its probably his true feelings, he's publicly siding with TK on this issue, which kinda makes him look like a c00n. Its would've been better to just say nothing.

First Jade and now Hobbs. Hobbs was basically bushed and everyone but him sees it.

folasade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m really curious to know what Punk and Danielson think about all this

Punk’s first comments about Kofi’s title run is that a black man should have won that title years ago. Danielson was the one who campaigned and insisted the moment happen in the first place. All this Brodie Lee Brodie Lee this man cares stuff is looking funny in the light right now
They won't say anything.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
From the brandi thread. Yall here who are white, no hate from me whatever, but there is no way this guy @avon barksdale is a brotha

It took 30 years for booking like that in the dub dub e...Aew is only 3 years old :mjpls:

Don’t be obtuse, and don’t compare to wwe because thats an auto L when it comes to representation now

that aside

explain why they put out cards every week, every show, every ppv with < 3 and usually 0 black people especially on the posters? Explain why zero black people are viewed as a threat let alone a main event talent. Explain why jay lethal who is more decorated than 90% of their talent is immediately a youtube wrestler? Explain why they have made no attempt to get black talent in the market? If you think there isnt any here ya go Login • Instagram . Explain why broke ass nwa has black wrestlers showcased but aew can’t? Explain why the black talent they have is “too green” but hook is no selling piledrivers and is about to get a tnt title shot?

just make it make sense without what aboutism
Absolutely no reply this, and more bag carrying and deflecting in this thread.

I ask again, based on Swole CONFIRMING what i said

make it make sense without mentioning wwe

Last edited:

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Tony Khan fukked up BADLY with that tweet. :francis: He needs to do like Lio said and APOLOGIZE. I can’t believe he didn’t delete it yet or acknowledge how messed up his response was. :mindblown: He should’ve just taken the criticism (he was NOT attacked, nothing said was out of line) and do better to showcase Black performers in 2022.

I’m gonna be hypocritical for a moment, I know I always joke about “Let It Play Out” to E stans but honestly I was “letting it play out” with TK when it comes to black representation and it looks like I’m gonna take the L on that because it seems like what they think they’re doing now is enough considering how defensive some of the cats in AEW are over this shyt.

I mean no reason why folks like Lee Moriarty and Will Hobbs shouldn’t be wrestling on AEW most weeks, Punk showcased them both on TV and they haven’t done anything of note since, Scorpio Sky been stuck in background of Dan Lambert’s corny ass promos. When’s the last time Ricky Starks wrestled? To their credit, they have been giving Jade, Darius Martin, and Lio Rush time but the effort just feels bare minimum.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
@KevJ - Why don't you fukk off back to whatever shyt-hole it is you crawled out from under.
Typical Boston scumbag. Wonder who banned him.

Honestly Swole should not have even included Non black POC in her statements she should have outright said that there isn't enough black representation in AEW.
Gives them all the opportunity to chime in about how much they love their spot and AEW. I don't get why all these people can't just shut the fukk up instead of bootlicking. I wonder if Brandi or someone is reaching out to them and asking them to post.

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Honestly Swole should not have even included Non black POC in her statements she should have outright said that there isn't enough black representation in AEW. She was trying to be nice and be inclusive but them mf's can't even be bothered to have her back. Typical non black POC behavior

THIS. The non black POC will reap the benefits of the rights that black people fought for in this country but won't take the time to side with us.

AEW is booked make Cody, the Elite and now Adam Cole happy. None of their plans include pushing black talent. They brought in Jay Lethal and immediately jobbed him out to Sammy. That is an upper midcard talent that could have built up (for the people saying who do you push).