Swole talks about representation issues with AEW

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
abuelo-simpson.gif

Both made good points, both are also on some bullshyt on some level. Swole made good points when it came to the handling of the women's roster and the need for a little more structure all around, and yes they could do a little better with pushing the black talent they do have, but where exactly are these ready and available top level black talents, male or female? A lot of the best are either in WWE or on non-competes, and the ones they have have not shown themselves to be either ready for the top of the card or don't move enough numbers to justify pushing them beyond their skill level. Swole certainly didn't; she's charismatic, but terrible in the ring and unavailable for long stretches due to her Chron's. The fact that she couldn't have a passable cinematic match, regardless of circumstances, says a lot for how ready she was (not) for a top line push. All the representation talk is fine and good, but if you're not putting on good matches and your segments aren't moving numbers (and only Britt comes even close to being a real consistent numbers mover ratings wise among the women, despite her still being very much a work in progress in ring), what exactly is TK and the powers that be supposed to do? This shyt is a business, not a charity, not a political platform, and I wish more fans would understand that. Not to mention that it's actually disingenuous to say that AEW has a representation problem when 7 of their champions have been non-white. Black wrestlers, sure, we can talk about that, but non-white? They're doing better than people want to admit on that front.

With all that said, TK should've just thrown his phone somewhere, put the adderall and Whiteclaws down, and just let it ride. Like, I literally pulled the :snoop: when I saw his tweet. If you're trying to improve on this front anyway, and you actually didn't renew Swole because you thought she was a bad wrestler, just let everything play out and take a step back. Especially since she's not entirely off base here. Very unprofessional on TK's part, and shyt like this is why Jags fans and Fulham supporters hate him so much: dude just can't let shyt go when necessary. People talk shyt about promoters in wrestling all the time (and this wasn't even THAT bad) and the world doesn't need Jaguars Tony trying to clap back.

What a stupid situation this is.
*looks at roster*
*looks at ratings*
*back at roster*

Where are the white ones(main eventers)?

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
I have no idea :yeshrug: I'm not injecting diaspora differences into this situation
It's an honest question. I remember she had some foreign flag in her bio. You can't try to pass somebody else's culture off like it's your own, that's not cool, Breh.