Swizz Beats in his feelings after barely making the top 20 NYC producers of all time

Daps
Reppin
Old School Players to New School Fools
man has been living off this one beat ...what a dope ass beat it was

I don’t know anybody that actually liked this musically..,
When it played in the clubs… those with rhythm sat down.

Nothing melodic was produced by him in that RR catalogue… all the weird stuff was.

DMX without Swiss would have been even bigger.

What confuses me though is how Alicia Keys married him. Surely she isn’t tone deaf too?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Larry Smith should be much higher
Marley could be higher, arguably #1 because he invented modern sampling and for what he did for Rakim and the Juice Crew
I prefer Premier to PR, and think his impact was greater, but I'm not mad at that order
Swizz, Aarab and 808 whoever don't even belong on here. Swizz should be happy.
Beatminerz, Chyskillz, Showbiz, Just Blaze, 45 King and several others should be there ahead of them.
100%

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Love to see Pete Rock at #1 :salute:
them beats is ass

ny got a horrible sound if we being honest

talented rappers

horrible producers

:scust: that list

you know its bad when the person mentioned the most in the essentials (nas) is famous for having horrible beats/production :dead:

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He didn’t post a criteria

But based on the criteria for every other list they did, Swizz placement does seem too low

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

erker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Netherlands
Are you crazy? I love Pete rock and he from the 914 but he does not have one CERTIFIED banger.

incredible producer who crafted some great albums for sure. but he does not have one STAPLE im gonna shut shyt down record you can throw on in NY.
How is T.R.O.Y. not that track?

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I kinda get it though. Premo was tied to the sound in NY. Alc just did a lot of songs with Mobb Deep. Alc was just as tied to Dilated Peoples. Even We Gonna Make It was supposed to be a Ras Kass song.

Q-Tip is one of those dudes where he has a lot of classic songs that people don't jump out and attribute to him.
Yeah Tip never cared about credits. He let nikkas who weren't plugged in think Ali Shaheed was making all of Tribe's beats for damn near a decade :mjlol:

For example besides the three brats he made he basically coproduced half of The Infamous. Tip even downplays his impact there but Havoc, Prodigy, Matty C and Schott Free all said he was heavily involved, redoing the snares and adding extra ear candy and shyt. Havoc is one of his sons

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Are you crazy? I love Pete rock and he from the 914 but he does not have one CERTIFIED banger.

incredible producer who crafted some great albums for sure. but he does not have one STAPLE im gonna shut shyt down record you can throw on in NY.
TROY? The World Is Yours? Shut Em Down remix? Down With the King?

You talking just to talk :mjlol:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch

LARRY SMITH SHOULD BE HIGHER.

I HAD TO STOP READING AFTER THAT

:devil:
:evil:

Way higher.

The shít he did with Whodini was better than anything out at the time, pushed the hip hop producer formula forward and kept New York’s hold on the genre well into the mid/late 90s.

He should be top 10.