Switch Pro to be announced soon, release date this fall sept-oct *update* Bloomberg reconfirms

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Pretty much everyone is talking about this thing except Nintendo. :pachaha:

Details have leaked from a accessory manufacturing line.

Nuevos detalles exclusivos de Switch Pro: pantalla, tamaño, dock, llegada a Europa... - Vandal

- Pretty much same size but with bigger OLED screen (7 inches?), so almost no bezels.

- Current joycons compatible.

- Surface-style flap for tabletop gaming.

- Micro SD slot behind this flap on the back. Easier to acess to.

- Slightly thicker dock with 2 USB 3.0 ports and ethernet port.

- 4K TV output.

- It would arrive Europe at the end of November (edit: seems like this could be later than in other regions but this is not confirmed) with very limited units.

Of course units will be limited.:francis:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Not sure why they in a rush to spend time/resources on a whole new system when the current Switch is still selling out everywhere

there's so much software to be had on the table for switch even given how much software they already reported to have sold for it. regardless of how they're killing it, they see all that potential missed out on software lots of money just walking away from them. Switch is an amazing device but it's like weaker than a older model Ipad, and I think Nintendo wants that to change even if it's just by a little leap.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
there's so much software to be had on the table for switch even given how much software they already reported to have sold for it. regardless of how they're killing it, they see all that potential missed out on software lots of money just walking away from them. Switch is an amazing device but it's like weaker than a older model Ipad, and I think Nintendo wants that to change even if it's just by a little leap.

Also, it. Puts too much pressure on Nintendo’s in-house studios when they can’t get 3rd party support inbetween releases. It’s a lot of lost money. Look at how well Monster Hunter did for them, and if not for that release Nintendo’s 2021 schedule would be bleak

Nintendo not being able to get the next dragon quest would be a major blow in japan

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I’m a cop it. Pokémon brilliant Diamond is coming out at the same time so I’ll cop it as a set

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I do wonder what they will do with the pricing....will they go 400 dollars? Make it the most expensive nintendo ever?

I think the number one thing nintendo has prided itself on is not losing money on hardware so this will be interesting

Daps
Reppin
Can we get some actual AAA games on it to warrant the update and not just some basic ports of previous Nintendo console games? :stopitslime: