Switch Pro to be announced soon, release date this fall sept-oct *update* Bloomberg reconfirms

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Everybody swore this would be confirmed last month and then......?

The only thing confirmed is that Nintendo can't produce the regular Switch fast enough. Ain't shyt happening until the chip shortage is no longer a problem.

It’s been over 4 years now since the original launched, not hard to see a refresh by this point.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
It’s been over 4 years now since the original launched, not hard to see a refresh by this point.
What part of "they literally can't produce an existing console right now, let alone a new one" are people not getting? :gucci:

Keeping it 100, even if this was coming soon, how exactly is "4K output" gonna benefit Switch games struggling with 1080p? Even the rumors said the handheld screen would still be 720p :deadmanny:

I love the device but it has so many limits. A straight up new console would be better news, but again, it's not coming this year.

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
I just bought a switch 4 weeks ago :stopitslime:

Price bout to drop damn smhh.. ah well, this new one don't even look all that better than the original

Nintendo ass man, I wouldn't ever buy another Nintendo console if it wasn't the only portable console :mjlol:

Learnt my lesson after buying a fukking GameCube all them years ago... fukking GameCube :mjlol:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i sold my switch used for more than i paid for it new at the height of the pandemic.

i acquired a switch lite for the low and i haven't really missed the regular switch, so i see no reason to cop this if it were to come out.

:manny:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
UPDATE——

Nintendo Co. plans to begin assembly of its new Switch as soon as July and release the upgraded replacement for its four-year-old game console in September or October, people familiar with the matter said.

The new console, likely to be priced higher than the $299 original, may be announced ahead of the E3 conference starting June 12 to allow publishers to showcase their full range of Switch games at the global event, the people said, asking not to be named because the plans are not yet public. It will be sold alongside the $199 Switch Lite, with the standard Switch phased out over time.

Assemblers will start shipping the new model -- whose commercial name is known only to a handful of people within the Kyoto-based company -- as early as July and production is planned to ramp up to a peak in the October-December quarter. This is despite widespread semiconductor shortages that have affected the supply of everything from automobiles to TVs, headphones and games consoles, including the Switch itself.

A Nintendo spokesman declined to comment.

Nintendo Plans Upgraded Switch Replacement as Soon as SeptemberNintendo Plans Upgraded Switch Replacement as Soon as September

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everybody except Nintendo talking about a Pro model :dead:

Nintendo struggling to produce regular Switches but a Pro model will magically be produced and sold :dead:

Let this rumor die :heh:

(a) it depends on the type of chips, and (b) a chip shortage doesn't mean the product can't be made, just that it is made in fewer amounts or that the chip is more expensive. PS5 have still managed to sell more than PS4 in the same timespan after all.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Thing is September & October feels like such a weird month to release it unless they have something big to release with it at the time :patrice: