Swerve believes an AEW/WWE crossover is “more likely than it’s ever been”

Vic Damone. Jr

Don't support the phonies, support the real
Daps
Reppin
Memphis TN
wRsERCF.png
Is that so? Well tell MJF to run that dynamite diamond ring once I see him or else

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
TK really put his own dikk in his mouth :dame:with that stupid ass Harvey Weinstein quip. Wasn’t even necessary regardless of the McMahon nonsense

I think the way Tony comes off as a clown at times plays a part (obviously among other things) in WWE not really wanting to do anything with AEW like that

Fantasy booking dream matches aside, y’all know full well it would be more notable which talents DON’T participate in the crossover, as opposed to those that does

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Bryan Danielson vs. Roman Reigns
Jon Moxley vs. Seth Rollins
Mercedes Mone vs. Bianca Bel Air
FTR vs. The Usos
Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens
Toni Storm vs. Charlotte Flair
Malakai Black vs. Cody Rhodes
Adam Copeland vs. Randy Orton
Miro vs. John Cena
Pac vs. Sami Zayn
Sky Blue vs. Jade Cargill

:troll:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
the only New Japan wrestlers that AEW would put over on the shows they've done together were the ones they ended up stealing :skip:

typically the American companies don't really treat the Japanese/Mexican companies as true equals when they do shows together
New Japan typically always got the better of ROH. The company with the power in the relationship is going to get the better end of the deal.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
I’d watch just for some of the possible matches. Who cares who wins, these Forbidden Door joints are basically just comic book crossovers that get retconned a month later. I think Lashley would survive a loss to Okada. Wolverine’s died like five times and come back again just fine. :yeshrug:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Tony Khan got on the NFL network and said WWE is the Harvey Weinstein of wrestling

Besides it not boosting any business for WWE & only benefitting AEW, the only chance at anything close went out the window with that. TKO has distribution partnerships with TNA that's why the crossover works, feels like there's a higher chance they'd rather piss on AEW's grave
They wouldn't let AEW use any of the Sting footage they own (Mid South, WCW) during his farewell tour or let Nash even be in the building for the final match since he's under contract but they're gonna do a show together :russ:

You can't go on those unhinged benders shyt-tweeting and cut Jim Crockett promos every other month like Snowman does and expect there to be any sort of cordial relationship.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
They wouldn't let AEW use any of the Sting footage they own (Mid South, WCW) during his farewell tour or let Nash even be in the building for the final match since he's under contract but they're gonna do a show together :russ:

You can't go on those unhinged benders shyt-tweeting and cut Jim Crockett promos every other month like Snowman does and expect there to be any sort of cordial relationship.
Nick called him The Kid the last time he sat down and talked anything about wrestling. TKO probably respects him just as little as Vince did if not more lol

But it makes you ask why's Swerve saying this when he's supposed to have this problem with Triple H going back to NXT and had the chance to work with WWE by going back there when Triple H was back channeling. If you remember, instead of turning it down and moving on like what's usually done, he ran to Tony so he could get a cease & desist in crayon faxed over. The empty buildings must be getting to him

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
What's the history of crossover bouts between wrestling companies? Is it always an egofest? Is there always an almost sweep for one company over the other?
I don't know the full history of cross-promotional events, but back in the 80's, the AWA used to have SuperClash ppvs that featured AWA wrestlers vs wrestlers from other companies. Each company got wins, and there were even cross-company title matches.