Supreme's Son: "No One Under 30 Can Name 3 Nas Songs, He Been Garbage Since 2001 & 50 Cent Is Top 5"

KingSol81

Superstar
Daps
Is that true? I always heard of "Supreme" in being a thug around the industry I think.

James Jebbia from my understanding started and ran the Supreme skate shop.

Is James Jebbia this "Supreme" individual we're talking about here?

Can anyone confirm?
James Jebbia was the face of the company this is true, but Supreme was always the money and the muscle behind it.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
That next generation consisted of J. Cole, Kendrick, and Drake. All three of them were influenced by Jay and Nas to some extent and Cole was actually signed to Jay. I don't know what you are talking about here.

plant rappers that were of no threat to jay's spot.

dont fall for the smoke-n-mirrors.

Do you need me to pull up some of your Nas posts bud?
How dare you act bedazzled when you know the receipts are available..better relax

im not sure what youre talking about or what youre trying to get at.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
James Jebbia was the face of the company this is true, but Supreme was always the money and the muscle behind it.

I never knew that. That's crazy. So Supreme was behind it since it's inception in the early 90s or so?

What's Supreme's real name I want to read his bio.

Or are you playing?

Can you prove what you said or are you spreading disinformation @KingSol81 ?

I'm too trusting of online.

But ppl who literally spread lies - that's a horror film.

All good peace tho.

Supreme the clothing brand is worth over a billion dollars in reality and that's a beautiful fact.

Last edited:

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
I never knew that. That's crazy. So Supreme was behind it since it's inception in the early 90s or so?

What's Supreme's real name I want to read his bio.

Or are you playing?

Can you prove what you said or are you spreading disinformation @KingSol81 ?

I'm too trusting of online.

But ppl who literally spread lies - that's a horror film.

All good peace tho.

Supreme the clothing brand is worth over a billion dollars in reality and that's a beautiful fact.
Kenneth “Supreme” McGriff is the big drug dealer dude from Queens who is supposedly this big mouth kid’s father, and is currently serving life in prison for a bunch of murder for hires...and accused of setting up the attempt on 50 Cent’s life.

I do not believe he has any affiliation at all with the Supreme clothing brand.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
Kenneth “Supreme” McGriff is the big drug dealer dude from Queens who is supposedly this big mouth kid’s father, and is currently serving life in prison for a bunch of murder for hires...and accused of setting up the attempt on 50 Cent’s life.

I do not believe he has any affiliation at all with the Supreme clothing brand.

@Rev thank you so much for that. I appreciate it.

@KingSol81 I have less trust in you now man. I always saw you posting and thought you were a major player on Coli.

I don't know why you got a kick trying to have me in for a ride and misguide me.

With all the misinformation online don't purposely do that. Especially in hip hop. It's the last thing me need.

New York, Supreme's. The affiliation could easily been there. An easy mislead.

All good tho @KingSol81 I forgive you for that.

Shout out to @Cladyclad and other posters I respect here.

Everyone have a great week!

Crumple

All Star
Daps
Nas an icon but do ya'll really believe anyone under 30 fukk with him?

I feel the smart kids will check for Nas.

Not saying I'm smart but I was born in the early 80s but I checked for older music.

I checked for Led Zeppelin, Velvet Underground, Jimmie Hendrix, Stevie Wonder, Louis Armstrong.

When I learned what Rza was sampling I checked for old soul music from the 60s and 70s and my mind was blown!

The other day I was listening to Curtains Mayfield music from 50 years ago and it blew my mind.

Classic music is classic music and illmatic is aging so well - it's actually too scary and nostalgic for me to check at times.

Even thinking of a track like memory lane - it's just great music.

Couple that with the fact that Nas just released that flawless new joint Epmd - he's becoming a great positive example in general.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
I feel the smart kids will check for Nas.

Not saying I'm smart but I was born in the early 80s but I checked for older music.

I checked for Led Zeppelin, Velvet Underground, Jimmie Hendrix, Stevie Wonder, Louis Armstrong.

When I learned what Rza was sampling I checked for old soul music from the 60s and 70s and my mind was blown!

The other day I was listening to Curtains Mayfield music from 50 years ago and it blew my mind.

Classic music is classic music and illmatic is aging so well - it's actually too scary and nostalgic for me to check at times.

Even thinking of a track like memory lane - it's just great music.

Couple that with the fact that Nas just released that flawless new joint Epmd - he's becoming a great positive example in general.
I'm a late 70's baby and I listen to some stuff before my time as well.
But when I think about the under 30 dudes I know, they never mention Nas.
Forced classics like Illmatic are good for him because they've been promoted as something special (but never really was special or impactful)
It's not going to be based off "the smart ones"
Either he'll resonate or not.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Forced classics like Illmatic are good for him because they've been promoted as something special (but never really was special or impactful)
Young cats fukk wit Nas. All u gotta do is look no further than YouTube u will see a million reaction videos to all his shyt. Only thing is this. Most cats under 25 don’t really fukk wit Jay either. People need to really stop acting like it’s some slight against Nas that people less than half his age aint fukkin wit his shyt heavy.

Crumple

All Star
Daps

I hear you. Did you not think illmatic was special?

I never checked for it when it dropped. I bought It was written when it dropped.

Years after that, after hearing illmatic I still didn't love it.

I thought it was lighter hip hop compared to Krs.

Then after so much talk on it I revisited it.

And then years after that, it's history, the music itself, Nas himself.

It all clicked and it's damn near perfect.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
I hear you. Did you not think illmatic was special?

I never checked for it when it dropped. I bought It was written when it dropped.

Years after that, after hearing illmatic I still didn't love it.

I thought it was lighter hip hop compared to Krs.

Then after so much talk on it I revisited it.

And then years after that, it's history, the music itself, Nas himself.

It all clicked and it's damn near perfect.
I never thought illmatic was special. It's an ok album. The Nas we all know and love was born on IWW.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Young cats fukk wit Nas. All u gotta do is look no further than YouTube u will see a million reaction videos to all his shyt. Only thing is this. Most cats under 25 don’t really fukk wit Jay either. People need to really stop acting like it’s some slight against Nas that people less than half his age aint fukkin wit his shyt heavy.
I'm not counting no reaction videos. They're running a business. Doing a video on a heavily promoted album like that, is smart of them.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas an icon but do ya'll really believe anyone under 30 fukk with him?

30? Of course they do, not all but a good amount of them who are hip hop heads definitely do. Nas is not Kane/G Rap/Rakim/KRS/Chuck D/Lord Finesse/any other great rapper of the late 80's/early 90's not named Jay-z. Those guys, you can say nobody under 30 knows or ever listens to. Nas is a superstar rapper...I think yall compare him to Jay-z so of course in comparison to him his career seems understated...but compare him to anyone else that was thriving around his inception, you will see the difference. When Nas drops everybody talks about it, it's an event, yall all checking the first week numbers and seeing where it charted, etc... He isn't a regular old school rapper, yall just compare him to someone who is arguably one of the biggest rappers ever so in comparison he seems regular, popularity wise. I heard Spicy knockin out of madd whips...name any other rapper who came out when he did that you can say that about. Jay-z, period, lol.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
I never thought illmatic was special. It's an ok album. The Nas we all know and love was born on IWW.

Word, I can respect that.

I became a fan of It was written, but still rever illmatic personally.

It's one of the strongest debuts in all of music history to me.

I still feel it's Nas' most consistent album track to track.

Although I also really like Stillmatic.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
I'm not counting no reaction videos. They're running a business. Doing a video on a heavily promoted album like that, is smart of them.

Smart for them I guess.

I feel alot of reaction videos are crooks and thieves - getting attention of other people's creations.

Scary a bit.

Original rap music and videos is where the authenticity will always be!