Supreme's Son: "No One Under 30 Can Name 3 Nas Songs, He Been Garbage Since 2001 & 50 Cent Is Top 5"

DaMos Supreme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not surprising so much that certain age groups do not gravitate towards the artists that we listen to coming up. But why the disrespect towards his (person speaking with Preme’s son) peers if they chose to become fans of that man catalogue. If he doesn’t like Nas’ songs or isn’t moved by his music, cool but to act like Nas ain’t have any bearing or status in music from Queens is just purely asinine :comeon:

Suspicions

All Star
Daps
I’m a 26 (soon to be 27) year old Nas stan :yeshrug:

These 22 and unders have some of the WOAT opinions but it’s best to just leave them be :yeshrug:
Facts. I'm 24 almost 25 and got most of Nas' albums and a big fan. nikkas bugging categorizing people under 30 smh

Trace

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
That’s what I’ve always been puzzled by.

Did Nas do an interview dissing the youth culture or something?

it’s rarely “he was before my time etc”

it’s typically a dismissive jab at him
Probably that's because Nas name will always come up when older heads push that "real hip hop" on em. :jawalrus::krs:

I haven't seen this happen in person tho.

Golden Child

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Also.... Many young rappers name themselves after Nas.:heh:

His name is actually Nasir, and his homie 22gz did an interview with Vlad and said they never really listed to Nas like that.

Nas is my favorite rapper of all time but a lot of people my age (mid 20’s) don’t bump his music because it doesn’t get them hype and he doesn’t drop hits nowadays.

Also with Jay being the bigger artist And Illmatic getting so much praise, they run with the myth that Illmatic is his only good album.

Bed$tuy

Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth 🇭🇹
Daps
Reppin
BedStuy, Brooklyn
It's a hard pill to swallow for many, but it's closer and closer to reality every day...

You would be amazed about the many artists that younger people don't give a fukk about. They might know who they are, they might remember them from when they were little kids, but they ain't playin' their shyt. Maybe 30 is a high number, but I'd be willing to bet 25 and under ain't jumpin' out there for Nas, 50, Jay, or none of them nikkas. They are old school as fukk to them. When I was 22 and Rakim popped up on the Truth Hurts 'Addictive' joint, I knew people in my age group who didn't know shyt about him and his prime. Of course, I was lookin' like "who TF raised y'all?" but that's some real shyt, it happens. I ain't sayin' NOBODY, but MANY people in their early-to-mid-20s ain't bumpin' nikkas who were hot when they were 9 years old. Hip-hop is obsessed with youth and how recently something happened. There's a lotta 23 year olds who ain't that hype about shyt that's older than them.

This is correct.

Bed$tuy

Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth 🇭🇹
Daps
Reppin
BedStuy, Brooklyn
If yall go to any city park in NYC playing chess, dominoes, or just hooping, you would notice that the majority of young folks dont listen to jigga or nas.

I'd be more surprised by the ones that do.

Last edited:

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
If yall go to any city park in NYC playing chess, dominoes, or just hooping, you would notice that the majority of young folks dont listen to jigga or nas.

I'd be more surprised by the ones that do.

if you spend time in any hood you will hear legends

i herd nas mad times outside this year

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like I said when this kid first burst onto the scene, lol, is there proof that he is Supreme's child? Supreme was known for having no kids...then he popped up. I guess only the close family and friends knew about him if it's legit...seems spooky tho.