Superman Reboot movie produced by JJ Abrams in the works with Coates writing

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is going to be a hilariously monstrous flop for the ages...

The CAC rage over this decision is going to be 100 times more entertaining than the film...:heh:

Its clear WB doesn't have a fukking clue what they're doing with DC...

Just fukking sell to Disney already...

With the way Warner abandons projects, I doubt it will come into fruition or the premise will change multiple times before it enters production. That's why people shouldn't be too outraged. Nothing is set in stone over at the WB. They just bushed Ava Duvernay's New Gods and James Wan's Aquaman spinoff.

Also, I'm down with them selling the rights to Disney so Superman can job to Blue Marvel and Hyperion :mjlol:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Hollywood is getting so fukking tiring.

Superman is one of the worst premises for a superhero. He's boring, his motives are bland, and he's far too overpowered. If it wasn't for him being "first" and all the nostalgia, he wouldn't be a reasonable choice at all. But they make film.....after film....after film.....of this same boring-ass shyt just because they know they'll get X viewers and make X money off of that nostalgia alone, no matter how much the film sucks.

There are plenty of Black superheroes already out there who deserve better than what they've got, and there's literally infinite possibilities for new Black superheroes. Yet instead of telling a story that needs to be told, we're forced to settle for a Black skin shoehorned into an infinitely retold tired old tale about an invincible alien with a heart of gold.

They need to just ban remakes, reboots, and sequels for 10 years or some shyt so we can actually get some original quality at the high-production end of the movie world again.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
With the way Warner abandons projects, I doubt it will come into fruition or the premise will change multiple times before it enters production. That's why people shouldn't be too outraged. Nothing is set in stone over at the WB. They just bushed Ava Duvernay's New Gods and James Wan's Aquaman spinoff.

Also, I'm down with them selling the rights to Disney so Superman can job to Blue Marvel and Hyperion :mjlol:
Both of those projects better ideas than this superman flick :francis:

Fletch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas

Superman is one of the worst premises for a superhero. He's boring, his motives are bland, and he's far too overpowered. If it wasn't for him being "first" and all the nostalgia, he wouldn't be a reasonable choice at all. But they make film.....after film....after film.....of this same boring-ass shyt just because they know they'll get X viewers and make X money off of that nostalgia alone, no matter how much the film sucks.

There are plenty of Black superheroes already out there who deserve better than what they've got, and there's literally infinite possibilities for new Black superheroes. Yet instead of telling a story that needs to be told, we're forced to settle for a Black skin shoehorned into an infinitely retold tired old tale about an invincible alien with a heart of gold.

They need to just ban remakes, reboots, and sequels for 10 years or some shyt so we can actually get some original quality at the high-production end of the movie world again.
Gotta disagree on him being boring, the problem is that they continue to just redo the same Superman stories over and over. We all know who he is so we don’t need the whole origin and he has some powerful ass villains that could make his life Hell. Take him to space, bring in Doomsday proper, bring in Darkseid, Bizarro, Mr Mxylplx(however it’s spelled) to fukk with him, Parasite, have an actual powerful Luthor so many directions to go in. Hell do Superman unleashed abs make a whole story about him feeling like he’ll lose his humanity if he doesn’t hold back and then bring in the 5 to beat his ass so bad that he has to let go. Lots of non boring Superman stories, but they want to keep doing Clark Kent stories with a little Superman.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Gotta disagree on him being boring, the problem is that they continue to just redo the same Superman stories over and over. We all know who he is so we don’t need the whole origin and he has some powerful ass villains that could make his life Hell. Take him to space, bring in Doomsday proper, bring in Darkseid, Bizarro, Mr Mxylplx(however it’s spelled) to fukk with him, Parasite, have an actual powerful Luthor so many directions to go in. Hell do Superman unleashed abs make a whole story about him feeling like he’ll lose his humanity if he doesn’t hold back and then bring in the 5 to beat his ass so bad that he has to let go. Lots of non boring Superman stories, but they want to keep doing Clark Kent stories with a little Superman.
See and you didn't have to do the tired evil superman story

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

tenor.gif

Michael Shannon and all the scenes on Krypton basically saved MOS. He went from being a Nomad loaner to all of a sudden giving a shyt about earth.

And why couldn't Zod and Kal El come to an agreement? :dahell:

If he had a world engine, the could've terraformed Mars :mjlol:. But because Superman is too overpowered for any being to pose a threat to him on earth, they had to shoe horn villain motivations.

The genre has evolved. But the character hasn't and probably can't.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

As much as I like superherores, Hollywood fell off when they mostly started focusing on these films, Star Wars, and adapting other well established media. Hollywood needs to start taking risks again and putting out more original IPs. I'm sick of all the fanboy bickering, gatekeeping, racism.etc that comes when these studios continue to make films based on popular properties with rabid fanbases. I miss going into films where no one on earth outside of those involved in production had any clue what is about to go down, who the characters are and no expectations of how they're portrayed .etc. Unfortunately, as long as the money is coming in, this era is here to stay so I know it's just a pipe dream.