Superman Reboot movie produced by JJ Abrams in the works with Coates writing

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
The HeavySpoilers guy claimed this movie was dead:

diezuixchzw71.jpg

This guy from GeeksWorldWide says it is still alive:

Choose your fighter and believe accordingly.

Whats the point of this and the Val zod HBO Max project coexisting

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Superman fans live in absolute denial. He's a character that doesn't work anymore. WB would do best to leave him out of installments and treat him as an event movie only character.

Superman is a dead IP in the live action world. Everything about him is uninteresting.

How many different types of flops will it take before people stop blaming everything else but the elephant in the room?

Rey being a Mary Sue was the chief complaint of the new trilogy but nah Superman see that's different :whoa:

:comeon:Yes Superman is boring blah blah Gary sue and yet the comic world is full of rip offs that people love with power sets similar. Which goes to show his power isn’t the issue it is what is being presented to the audience that isn’t connecting. You talk about him not working anymore but there hasn’t been an accurate interpretation of the character since the 1980’s dismissing the later Reeves film after two:huhldup: . People often forget that people dam near lost their mind when the MOS trailers were released because it looked like he was getting the right kind of representation with the right amount of action but sadly Snyder failed at that. There are a few things that should be revised about the character but leave his core the same. I like the idea that he unconsciously projects an image that makes people believe Clark and Superman are two different people.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Nope, Man of Steel was fukkin fire!

You need the right villains. They MAKE comic movies. Cats don't seem to grasp that.

Brainiac done right can work. Zod was G as fukk in MoS.
I think it’s less about who he’s fighting and just the character himself. One thing Snyder did right was ask what does Superman mean in that context. This is a guy who is an eternal optimist with a sunny disposition but has to do a lot of internal fighting to maintain that. So how does that look in 2021 with the world being as it is?

Rather than asking how would the world react to Superman now the question should be how does Superman react to this world? I don’t believe that means make him darker but it does mean making his internal struggle that much harder. Some of the best comics and iterations of Superman are when he’s a contrast to the world around him while showing it’s not easy being that person he tries so hard to be.

Once you establish that, you pick a villain who hits that theme.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Brainiac does make sense if you go the route I subscribed because it’s a superior brain alien who doesn’t view humanity as anything special. He’s cold logic against Clark’s outsized emotion. Brainiac would see us as obsolete while Clark disagrees. But in that disagreement, probably wonders if brainiac has a point.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Brainiac does make sense if you go the route I subscribed because it’s a superior brain alien who doesn’t view humanity as anything special. He’s cold logic against Clark’s outsized emotion. Brainiac would see us as obsolete while Clark disagrees. But in that disagreement, probably wonders if brainiac has a point.
Then insert John and Martha memory reminding him of the positivity of humanity leading to
superman-man-of-steel.gif
:blessed::blessed:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Then insert John and Martha memory reminding him of the positivity of humanity leading to
superman-man-of-steel.gif
:blessed::blessed:
That and just him finding it in the world. Superman movies suffer from telling and not showing. Show me the humanity in more than just moms and pops and Lois lol. They always go back to those three for shorthand and I think that does a disservice to the character and it’s just lazy writing

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
That and just him finding it in the world. Superman movies suffer from telling and not showing. Show me the humanity in more than just moms and pops and Lois lol. They always go back to those three for shorthand and I think that does a disservice to the character and it’s just lazy writing
This is just for that scene though :lolbron:The movie could go more into that throughout :ehh:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Superman fans live in absolute denial. He's a character that doesn't work anymore. WB would do best to leave him out of installments and treat him as an event movie only character.

Superman is a dead IP in the live action world. Everything about him is uninteresting.

How many different types of flops will it take before people stop blaming everything else but the elephant in the room?

Rey being a Mary Sue was the chief complaint of the new trilogy but nah Superman see that's different :whoa:
Completely agree, he used to be the super hero now he's just whatevs. Today's youth is completely uninterested.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I think it’s less about who he’s fighting and just the character himself. One thing Snyder did right was ask what does Superman mean in that context. This is a guy who is an eternal optimist with a sunny disposition but has to do a lot of internal fighting to maintain that. So how does that look in 2021 with the world being as it is?

Rather than asking how would the world react to Superman now the question should be how does Superman react to this world? I don’t believe that means make him darker but it does mean making his internal struggle that much harder. Some of the best comics and iterations of Superman are when he’s a contrast to the world around him while showing it’s not easy being that person he tries so hard to be.

Once you establish that, you pick a villain who hits that theme.
This take would be perfect for an adaptation of the "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice, & the American Way?" story from Action Comics #775.