Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
There is but there's much more shyt I'd rather see if we doing Black heroes
This is unnecessary

Only Black Superman is a c00n Superman

"Why don't you stop the police brutality:usure:?"

"Not my place":hubie::manny::mjpls:

It'll fit right in with Black Panther then.

Give the kids a museum and some tech lessons. Instead of actually freeing them from the projects and white supremacy.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Oh - it's actually happening?:ohhh: Aight - cool, I guess. :ld:

As far as DC Black superheroes I'd much rather see a movie based of that new Static book with the Nikolas Draper Ivey art. Give the role to a young actor and let him grow with the franchise and audience :manny:

Last edited:

Fletch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
They can do this and not put a signpost on it. If you’re making the movie and the best actor is a black actor, give him the role. Rather than putting bells and whistles on it, thus making him the “black Superman” instead of just “Superman”
Because Superman’s been established as white for 80 years. Any non white actor is going to have a race label in front of his name. So it’s kind of inevitable that there’s going to be bells ands whistles.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:lupe: ive watched superman my whole life (never into the comics), what i am missing here, i see nerds on twitter mad cause kal-el? is being made black, who is already superman but there not actually using black superman?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Because Superman’s been established as white for 80 years. Any non white actor is going to have a race label in front of his name. So it’s kind of inevitable that there’s going to be bells ands whistles.
You can let the bells and whistles come from the audience. By signpost I mean specifically making it a story about a black Superman rather than making it a Superman story and the guy playing him happens to be black

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:lupe: ive watched superman my whole life (never into the comics), what i am missing here, i see nerds on twitter man cause kal-el? is being made black, who is alread superman but there not actually using blakc superman?
Yeah it odd how they are turning kal-el black when they could have use val zod who already black and not have to deal with the :mjpls: backlash coming from fans.
iu

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It'll fit right in with Black Panther then.

Give the kids a museum and some tech lessons. Instead of actually freeing them from the projects and white supremacy.

How would he have done that tho? He wasn't going to create an ark and take thousands of Black people back to Africa.

Kids need drive, motivation and most importantly, opportunities. Giving the children a gateway into tech which could potentially lead them into riches, is leading them out of the projects.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Yeah it odd how they are turning kal-el black when they could have use val zod who already black and not have to deal with the :mjpls: backlash coming from fans.
iu
To use Val Zod you'd have to use earth 2. To use earth 2 you'd have to use gay green lantern. Guess the studios didn't want backlash for 2 separate issues :skip:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
To use Val Zod you'd have to use earth 2. To use earth 2 you'd have to use gay green lantern. Guess the studios didn't want backlash for 2 separate issues :skip:

Funny you mention that. in the THR article this article sourced, the studio is definitely putting a gay GL in the GL HBO Max show.