Superman Reboot movie produced by JJ Abrams in the works with Coates writing

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Cavill wasn't the reason those movies didn't do what they wanted. They can reboot the shyt 100 times with 100 different actors and the shyt will fail every time unless they fix the real issues with the DC universe. Nobody had an issue with Cavill as Superman, that isn't the problem people had like Aflect being too old to play batman. has the look and the acting skills to play the part. The problem is how the character was written, and they can cast anyone and have the same problem because of the poor writing.

If they are looking at other studios putting out successful movies and thinking Cavill was the problem then they obviously haven't learned anything from their mistakes.

Exactly!!!! Cavil is NOT the problem!!!:why: build your universe up, build goodwill make good movies with connective tissue have likeable characters...:dwillhuh: how hard is that???

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Exactly!!!! Cavil is NOT the problem!!!:why: build your universe up, build goodwill make good movies with connective tissue have likeable characters...:dwillhuh: how hard is that???
People don't wanna see a silent, brooding, confused and depressed Superman regardless of who they get to play the part. Cavil had the potential to be the best Superman if they gave him something to work with.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
People don't wanna see a silent, brooding, confused and depressed Superman regardless of who they get to play the part. Cavil had the potential to be the best Superman if they gave him something to work with.

Brooding superman?!?:mjlol: like gawddamn dude literally has the weight of the world on his shoulders I mean I would be brooding sometimes too...I mean even in MOS there are light moments when he's with lois lane or near the ending... its up to the writers to make superman the way he is not the other way around... :francis: is he supposed to feel happy by killing zod and destroying the remnants of his forgotten homeworld?!?:heh: da fukk???

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Cavill wasn't the reason those movies didn't do what they wanted. They can reboot the shyt 100 times with 100 different actors and the shyt will fail every time unless they fix the real issues with the DC universe. Nobody had an issue with Cavill as Superman, that isn't the problem people had like Aflect being too old to play batman. He has the look and the acting skills to play the part. The problem is how the character was written, and they can cast anyone and have the same problem because of the poor writing.

If they are looking at other studios putting out successful movies and thinking Cavill was the problem then they obviously haven't learned anything from their mistakes.
OK BvS sucked IMO and didn't make the box office Warner was looking for. JL the same and even less financial success. Then they made Shazam wanted to put Cavill in it and he couldn't be bothered showing up to work. Plus, he has an aggressive management team asking for more $ than his resume warrants. They also, are starting over with a new team behind the camera. There's no incentive whatsoever to keep the guy around. He doesn't guarantee critical or financial success plus you are hiring a new creative team you have to give them the option to cast their own Superman. Cavill was fine as Supes but they blew it and it's time to move on. There's not one reason to keep him.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
OK BvS sucked IMO and didn't make the box office Warner was looking for. JL the same and even less financial success. Then they made Shazam wanted to put Cavill in it and he couldn't be bothered showing up to work. Plus, he has an aggressive management team asking for more $ than his resume warrants. They also, are starting over with a new team behind the camera. There's no incentive whatsoever to keep the guy around. He doesn't guarantee critical or financial success plus you are hiring a new creative team you have to give them the option to cast their own Superman. Cavill was fine as Supes but they blew it and it's time to move on. There's not one reason to keep him.

You just had justice league remastered that's about to drop, and they are already rebooting superman!!! :heh: tell me does that make ANY lick of sense??? What about that universe or story with the darkseid war, how does this even work???:mindblown:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
You just had justice league remastered that's about to drop, and they are already rebooting superman!!! :heh: tell me does that make ANY lick of sense??? What about that universe or story with the darkseid war, how does this even work???:mindblown:
They not giving Zack the keys again, sorry he had his chance. This is a last hurrah for his uber fanboys, a nice gesture but nothing they plan to build on. Before they even decided to do the Snydercut they gave JJ half a billy to help them with DC. If you think that's a bad move fine but they had to do something Zack wasn't getting the financial or critical results they wanted, he had personal situation to take off for and Cavill is difficult to work with.
Yeah, they are messing up hedging between a new direction and indulging the Snydercut but whatever. None of it warrants keeping Cavill.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
They not giving Zack the keys again, sorry he had his chance. This is a last hurrah for his uber fanboys, a nice gesture but nothing they plan to build on. Before they even decided to do the Snydercut they gave JJ half a billy to help them with DC. If you think that's a bad move fine but they had to do something Zack wasn't getting the financial or critical results they wanted, he had personal situation to take off for and Cavill is difficult to work with.
Yeah, they are messing up hedging between a new direction and indulging the Snydercut but whatever. None of it warrants keeping Cavill.

Then expect no one who became fans of the current DCU storyline to actively care...:heh::manny: They really think a black superman movie is gonna be more popular /big financially at this rate than MOS?!? :heh: this makes no sense to me, people are fatigued enough with these reboots... this is not gonna go the way they THINK it is...:sas2:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Then expect no one who became fans of the current DCU storyline to actively care...:heh::manny: They really think a black superman movie is gonna be more popular /big financially at this rate than MOS?!? :heh: this makes no sense to me, people are fatigued enough with these reboots... this is not gonna go the way they THINK it is...:sas2:
They trying to catch a BP wave with this. lol
There weren't enough fans of the current DCEU to keep it going by there calculation I guess.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
They trying to catch a BP wave with this. lol
There weren't enough fans of the current DCEU to keep it going by there calculation I guess.

I know shyt is so blatant...:scust:

WB Executive 1: ohh we losing money... what can we do...
WB Executive 2: oh I know how about we do a black superman story to get that black panther stimulus from the black community...
WB Executive 1: great answer, it'll be edgy, cool, I mean a black superhero who's an kyrptonian, we'll get tanahesi coates to write it really bring in that black political class
WB Executive 1: the publicity alone will bring us big bucks off this and if this takes off we can finally dump cavil and synder
WB Executive 2: Genius!!! :troll:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Most of this is speculation, not fact.
I remember the rumors at the time were that Cavill was moving on to other movies because Warner Brothers didn't know if they even wanted to do another superman movie or continue with the DCU while they were filming shazam. Then he was already involved in other projects by the time they asked him to make cameos in other movies so it was a schedule conflict issue. Why would he sit around waiting for Warner Brothers to get their shyt together for something that may or may not exist in the future?

I'm not saying they should bring Cavill back, I'm saying they need to figure out what the fukk they want to do with these movies. Why are the rebooting the two biggest DC characters and also continuing the failed DC universe storyline with the other characters? Why is the upcoming batman not connected to the joker movie or the justice league but wonder woman, aquaman, and shazam still are? Why are they rebooting superman when apparently the man of steel timeline still exist? Are they gonna reboot wonder woman too since the last movie sucked? What happened to the flash? Will the new batman and superman reboots be apart of a new universe or are they self contained.

What the fukk is the gameplan??

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Most of this is speculation, not fact.
I remember the rumors at the time were that Cavill was moving on to other movies because Warner Brothers didn't know if they even wanted to do another superman movie or continue with the DCU while they were filming shazam. Then he was already involved in other projects by the time they asked him to make cameos in other movies so it was a schedule conflict issue. Why would he sit around waiting for Warner Brothers to get their shyt together for something that may or may not exist in the future?

I'm not saying they should bring Cavill back, I'm saying they need to figure out what the fukk they want to do with these movies. Why are the rebooting the two biggest DC characters and also continuing the failed DC universe storyline with the other characters? Why is the upcoming batman not connected to the joker movie or the justice league but wonder woman, aquaman, and shazam still are? Why are they rebooting superman when apparently the man of steel timeline still exist? Are they gonna reboot wonder woman too since the last movie sucked? What happened to the flash? Will the new batman and superman reboots be apart of a new universe or are they self contained.

What the fukk is the gameplan??
I agree with you there but I was just speaking to the uproar of Cavill not returning. It's ran it's course and they got a new creative team they want to give the opportunity to pick their own Superman.
But yeah, it seems they greenlight DC projects independent of one another which is dumb and confusing to the fan base. They just don't understand the movie going public that also revered comics.

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brooding superman?!?:mjlol: like gawddamn dude literally has the weight of the world on his shoulders I mean I would be brooding sometimes too...I mean even in MOS there are light moments when he's with lois lane or near the ending... its up to the writers to make superman the way he is not the other way around... :francis: is he supposed to feel happy by killing zod and destroying the remnants of his forgotten homeworld?!?:heh: da fukk???
Exactly, you just met your real dad(as a hologram) your adobted homeworld is being terraformed and your the only one who can stop it, not to mention the genes of your lost race are in your body, and you have to beat a group of elite soldiers who are also superpowered. By hey, make sure I:smugbiden: the whole time because, I wouldnt want anyone to think this was serious or anything.