'Superman & Lois' TV Series in the Works at The CW

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
It's 'bullshyt' to most fans who consume this media regularly, but to the average person or to distributors, brand confusion is real.

When The Batman came out, there were people who asked where Christian Bale was when he hadn't played the character in a decade.

Green Lantern The Animated Series was pretty much DOA because the movie flopped and no retailer was trying to carry any more Green Lantern toys. Didn't matter that it was a different property. They just saw the GL name and thought the brand was too toxic.
I'm not going to lie you haven't proven your point. Where is the empirical data to prove brand confusion affects numbers.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I never understood why DC would have multiple live action versions of heros running at the same time anyway.
You gonna have to choose between one or the other when marketing an actor as the face of that franchise.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I never understood why DC would have multiple live action versions of heros running at the same time anyway.
You gonna have to choose between one or the other when marketing an actor as the face of that franchise.
Do you?

Cause Sherlock ran with Cumberbatch and RDJ in two different mediums.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
It's 'bullshyt' to most fans who consume this media regularly, but to the average person or to distributors, brand confusion is real.

When The Batman came out, there were people who asked where Christian Bale was when he hadn't played the character in a decade.

Green Lantern The Animated Series was pretty much DOA because the movie flopped and no retailer was trying to carry any more Green Lantern toys. Didn't matter that it was a different property. They just saw the GL name and thought the brand was too toxic.
Film is one thing. Why wouldn’t people expect Bale back in a fourth movie. TDKR didn’t bomb.

Green Lantern failed in part because people mostly still remembered John Stewart as the Green Lantern in cartoon form. Plus the Hal Jordan movie failed. So why would people want to watch more of that guy.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Do you?

Cause Sherlock ran with Cumberbatch and RDJ in two different mediums.
Those were two different companies. Cumberbatch was a BBC series , and RDJ's was a WB movie, zero connection to each other.
Plus sherlock holmes is a public domain, not owned by a singular company. Superman on the other hand is owned exclusively by DC comics and film rights by WB. They were responsible for the tV show and the movies. hence the reason they can control whether or not the show gets cancelled

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Those were two different companies. Cumberbatch was a BBC series , and RDJ's was a WB movie, zero connection to each other.
Plus sherlock holmes is a public domain, not owned by a singular company. Superman on the other hand is owned exclusively by DC comics and film rights by WB. They were responsible for the tV show and the movies. hence the reason they can control whether or not the show gets cancelled
That’s not what I was disagreeing with.

You said you can’t see why they would have two people be the public face. Which has been done before without confusing audiences and both being popular.

They are about to do it again with Batman and Batman and Robin. WBD knows this.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
That’s not what I was disagreeing with.

You said you can’t see why they would have two people be the public face. Which has been done before without confusing audiences and both being popular.

They are about to do it again with Batman and Batman and Robin. WBD knows this.
I don't see why a company would intentionally make two people the face of a single character.
Obviously the people running DC now agree with me.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I don't see why a company would intentionally make two people the face of a single character.
Obviously the people running DC now agree with me.
The Batman

The Brave and The Bold

Arkham series in one continuity and Penguin in another.

Joker and The Batman Joker

They don’t care. They just know more Batman means more money. Superman…eh.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
The Batman

The Brave and The Bold

Arkham series in one continuity and Penguin in another.

They don’t care. They just know more Batman means more money. Superman…eh.
You either slow or being deliberately obtuse. Negged

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
CW straight up:trash: status now and all because of confused ass Warner fukkery. :francis:
Arrowverse is overwith bruh, flash overwith, supernatural done... no reason to even watch that trash ass network :francis: Warner Cannibalized the shyt outta it.
Yep. But I'll still stick around for the final leftover WB&CBS-produced CW shows ("Superman & Lois", "Walker", & "All American") before finally exiting watching The CW.