'Superman & Lois' TV Series in the Works at The CW

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I’ve never ran a network or anything but I am having a hard time understanding how this is an effective strategy. It seems like every decision that has been made since dude (discovery) took over has been to just scrap and cancel everything with zero fukks giving about what the fans of these properties want.

They are doing things in my option the worst way. Like why announce that these actors won’t be working much next year? Why could they just write some of the cast off or kill a few? It’s like they don’t care about anything that was going on before discovery took over and want to do a hard reset. I think this is the end of these types of tv shows all together.
It all comes down to money as the show is expensive to produce. According to them, the CW was never profitable (if you believe them) so they’re changing strategy and hoping they can turn a profit. Losing that Netflix was a literal killer for them.

You can already tell that its not looking good as they’re already pulling import shows from air because of how low the ratings are.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
It all comes down to money as the show is expensive to produce. According to them, the CW was never profitable (if you believe them) so they’re changing strategy and hoping they can turn a profit. Losing that Netflix was a literal killer for them.

You can already tell that its not looking good as they’re already pulling import shows from air because of how low the ratings are.
I sat through this depressing and sad and storyline this season thinking that they were trying to win a Emmy or something and we still end up with a cancellation. This show deserves more than four seasons.

But I guess not having the Netflix deal was the nail in the coffin. I know for a fact that the shows on Netflix are way more popular because people actually watch Netflix. Because they way the CW runs their seasons with all the 5328 breaks during the season it’s just frustrating to watch that way, and I would rather just wait for Netflix to binge it all at once

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

I'm calling it :duck: I could have sworn reading about how Riverdale, All American and the Arrowverse shows benefited from the "Netflix bump".

Now after killing the deal, WarnerMedia throws The CW in the bushes and then reaches out to Netflix for a kinda similar symbiotic deal for their Max sevice? :dwillhuh:

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Krypton series Doomsday >>>>>>>
Boss Luthor runnin' thangz
conveniently wrapped up most of the side characters stories in one ep too.
will still watch next season, but its going to be difficult( unless they let Luthor chew up scenes for 10 eps.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I'm calling it :duck: I could have sworn reading about how Riverdale, All American and the Arrowverse shows benefited from the "Netflix bump".

Now after killing the deal, WarnerMedia throws The CW in the bushes and then reaches out to Netflix for a kinda similar symbiotic deal for their Max sevice? :dwillhuh:
Those shows never became popular on the CW though.

You was a Lifetime series that became popular on Netflix and just became a Netflix show.

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
SPOILERS below…

Sooooo.. did they can all the recurring characters next season so the budget could go to Doomsday?

This episode could’ve worked as a 2 part series finale cuz idk where you go from here after introducing Lex and Doomsday then cutting the guest characters.

Every side arc pretty much got wrapped here. Can’t do a death of Superman storyline for 10 ep either if the only cast you have left is his wife and kids lol they’re boring without Superman

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
when this comes back, we are going to get "Its been 8 months since Doomsday fought Superman" with a montage of what happened to all the fired characters :wow:
I hope they don't dwell on the Death of Superman storyline too long with only 10 eps next season:beli:
I was hoping Jordan would jump in and get "killed" himself:pachaha:

I think he'll be "dead" with Jordan struggling to fill in for him.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Man i just finished watching it. it did feel like a series finale. and without most of the side characters it wont feel the same for S4... Way to fukk up your best drama show on tv warner media...:stopitslime:

All in all bizzaro mutating into a doomsday like being is fine with me...:francis:

I feel like lex gonna get killed in S4 by jordan he's not gonna have the level of patience his father has...:ufdup:

Also John and Lana...:myman: happy for you playa we knew it would happen.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Man i just finished watching it. it did feel like a series finale. and without most of the side characters it wont feel the same for S4... Way to fukk up your best drama show on tv warner media...:stopitslime:

All in all bizzaro mutating into a doomsday like being is fine with me...:francis:

I feel like lex gonna get killed in S4 by jordan he's not gonna have the level of patience his father has...:ufdup:

Also John and Lana...:myman: happy for you playa we knew it would happen.
Yea these discovery dudes is burying everything DC related no matter how good or bad it is. I hope they have a better plan but I think they are throwing in the towel on hero shows

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
Kyle's a menace. Another kid on the way & marriage

It is funny how they were able to write off most of the side characters during this ep.

They flew to Italy, did their thing & came back in time to have a family talk, lol

At least they let the coach get some screentime

Was waiting Lex to pick up a bat during that montage

Wait, get mad at Steel for killing a villain...but ok to impale Doomsday on a high rise spire :stopitslime:

I'm going to be honest, im Doomsday'd out. Good cliffhanger, but we saw this fight already

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Yea these discovery dudes is burying everything DC related no matter how good or bad it is. I hope they have a better plan but I think they are throwing in the towel on hero shows

Man I dont understand how you disrespectful to your brick and mortar IP in your company instead of embracing it and throwing it the bag...:snoop:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Man I dont understand how you disrespectful to your brick and mortar IP in your company instead of embracing it and throwing it the bag...:snoop:
Because of all the fees and licensing that are associated with it. Discovery still has to pay DC.

They’ve made two Batman shows without Batman because they can still make money off his rogues and sidekicks. Titans too.

Superman’s mythos as its been exploited so far doesn’t lend well to printing money the way Bats does.