Superheroes doing their best impersonation of Ironman, being the norm now...

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
GOTG was fukking horrible
Especially the ending ooze setpiece
Marvel bias is real because that deserved to be ridiculed

But you see the media and Disney and random stans cover up the dirt. Like 2008 Hulk didnt flop. Or Iron Man 3 ever happened. Or Age of Ultron.

Again, when you have biases like that, you can even convince them that the earth is flat. :hubie:

And now that fanboy bias is eroding the movie industry and letting studios get eaten up, while the writers guild and veteran actors suffer as well.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Besides the airplane scene idk wtf you're talkin bout. What are these "stakes" as well. If u thought they were gonna kill each other then that was your fault and it was a dumb thought. Literally two ppl died in the comic and one was because he was killed by a cyborg/android/robot (or whatever u wanna call it)....Was their any comedy in the fight between tony, cap, and winter soldier? no, because those were REAL stakes and not just a fight where one group wanted to contain the other. God yall are annoying. Go kill off half your day with the BvS director's cut if u need emo comic shyt so bad
shyt on them :russ:

these nikkas are annoying tho high key

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
But you see the media and Disney and random stans cover up the dirt. Like 2008 Hulk didnt flop. Or Iron Man 3 ever happened. Or Age of Ultron.

Again, when you have biases like that, you can even convince them that the earth is flat. :hubie:

And now that fanboy bias is eroding the movie industry and letting studios get eaten up, while the writers guild and veteran actors suffer as well.
You don't like something that is very popular, I been there. But your opinion is no better than anyone else's. Instead making unfounded allegations why don't you research why a certain thing works for more people than the thing you like. Learn something, you will be better off. :manny:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
"poppin they...
little heads out they holes.
stickin they chest out, actin like they in control."
:russ:

yall back on this hating MARVEL shyt??
ol miserable ass muthafukkas!
:mjlol:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
How does everyone feel about every Marvel hero (sans a handful), basically being stand up comics in every scene in the film? A very obviously example of this is RDJ in all the Ironman films. It seems like after that, Marvel producers wanted every lead to make topical jokes every other line. For me it's okay when Spiderman does it (he's the GOAT at it), but RDJ killed Ironman for me...

And yes while there are some exceptions (Logan, Black Panther, etc). It seems like everyone is doing their best RDJ/Chris Pratt impersonation. It was already horrible that Michael Bay lives by the formula, but now its in every Marvel film, and it feels like the easy go-to for comedy. I give Thor Ragnarok credit for making that Hulk scene hilarious, but damn near every scene before and after, had a character spew out nonsense for 10 seconds too long trying to be funny.

So like..... pretty much none of what you’re initially trying to say is true.

Also, comedy/humor was in comic book movies way before Marvel even started doing comic book movies and that goes back to the 80s with Superman. So it’s not even a Marvel formula thing.

Thor was its own thing.

Michael Bay has nothing to do with Marvel

I get Marvel was the 1st to do a lot of things, but what we gotta do is stop pretending Marvel was the first to have humor/comedy in their movies when it was done way before the 10 years they even started this shyt.

Martha

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
What’s confusing me is when did we get to a point where the message now is “all this comedy is in Marvel comics/movies and DC comic/movies are not funny and never had jokes or humor?”

Did Nolan’s Batman really make people lose them memories?

A bruh some post back said “you see media, Disney, and random stans cover up the dirt like 2008 Hulk, IM3 or AOU."

Excuse me, did DC not or tried to cover up Green Lantern, Jonah Hex, Superman Returns, The Losers?

Also going back to the Hulk flop thing. In grand scheme of things now, yea I guess we can look back and say it "under performed" Box Office wise, but then again did it really?:usure:

I mean in that era, what comic book movies was really making easily $500M and up (like how its a norm now) back then? The passed few years movies had been "Breaking Records" as in that term meaning "doing something that has NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE"

Hulk made $268M in 2008 (which did more than the Hulk that dropped in 2003). Before then only really Spiderman was the lone mega franchise to average around $800M and excluding them. Only 5 movies based on Marvel comics (out 14) going back to 1986 really made more than Hulk (the 3 Xmen movies and 2 FF, and none of those made $500M)

DC only had 5 out of 18 going back to 1978 that made more (still way less than what Marvel and DC have been doing in the last few years and only one movie made even $400M).

But after IM and later TDK (which came after Hulk) records broke and the game changed. So looking back its hard to really say "it flopped" when that wasnt the norm.

And no matter what one may feel about AOU and IM3, you cant sit here with a straight face and say those movies flopped, but then call other movies that only made less than half of what they made a huge success.

Martha

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Now that I think about it, is there really one comic book movie that doesnt have one joke or funny moment/humor in it?:ohhh:

I think at this point, its time to just get over it..... its a COMIC book movie.

Its like complaining about a horror movie having scary shyt in it at this point.:yeshrug:

Martha

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Now that I think about it, is there really one comic book movie that doesnt have one joke or funny moment/humor in it?:ohhh:

I think at this point, its time to just get over it..... its a COMIC book movie.

Its like complaining about a horror movie having scary shyt in it at this point.:yeshrug:

Martha
Wrong, men wearing capes and colorful outfits, gaining extraordinary abilities based on made up sciences while assaulting and murdering 'bad' people while avoiding prosecution and death themselves is very serious business. :troll:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I don't really have a problem with the comedy. It's just get lazy now. People used to be clever with the wit. Now they're just copying internet memes or making rock paper scissors jokes. In the first avengers i laughed hard when cap gave nick fury money for being amazed because it was just a clever call back without be telegraphed or forced down my throat.

How many of you watched ghostbusters when you were a kid, then watched it later as an adult and picked up on a bunch of things that went over your head when you were little? that won't happen with my daughter because Dr. Strange's choice of humor is calling someone Beyonce.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I don't really have a problem with the comedy. It's just get lazy now. People used to be clever with the wit. Now they're just copying internet memes or making rock paper scissors jokes. In the first avengers i laughed hard when cap gave nick fury money for being amazed because it was just a clever call back without be telegraphed or forced down my throat.

How many of you watched ghostbusters when you were a kid, then watched it later as an adult and picked up on a bunch of things that went over your head when you were little? that won't happen with my daughter because Dr. Strange's choice of humor is calling someone Beyonce.
Yes it will, because your daughter or your daughter's daughter might not know who Beyonce is.
But yes I agree, not every joke is a winner.