Superheroes doing their best impersonation of Ironman, being the norm now...

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

Its what they wanted. Non variation and same tone for all their different characters outside of Cap and Black Panther. Their version of Hollywood is homogenous and family friendly.

Case in point, the Russo Bros who directed the Captain America films, who moved away from the predictable MCU plot, is directing IW (a decade in planning).

Meanwhile those other directors who made those other MCU with cheesy humor ain't doing anything major outside of sequels.

So whoever makes that argument that 'fun' factor in the typical movie should ask, is "why isn't their directors widely known like the Russo Bros or Coogler? And why they ain't doing a massive project like IW if they were so successful?"

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Its what they wanted. Non variation and same tone for all their different characters outside of Cap and Black Panther. Their version of Hollywood is homogenous and family friendly.

Case in point, the Russo Bros who directed the Captain America films, who moved away from the predictable MCU plot, is directing IW (a decade in planning).

Meanwhile those other directors who made those other MCU with cheesy humor ain't doing anything major outside of sequels.

So whoever makes that argument that 'fun' factor in the typical movie should ask, is "why isn't their directors widely known like the Russo Bros or Coogler? And why they ain't doing a massive project like IW if they were so successful?"
People want good movies no matter the tone. Being dark or different but shytty isn't floating anyone's boat. lol
Jon Favreau did the live action Jungle Book and is going to do the live action Lion King.
Louis Letterier did Now You See Me and is doing a Dark Crystal TV series.
Shane Black is directing the Predator reboot.
Joe Johnston is directing The Chronicles of Narnia reboot.
Kenneth Branaugh just did Murder on the Orient Express
Patty Jenkins is helping The Wonder Woman franchise
Alan Taylor still does GoT episodes
Joss Whedon just did DCs version of IW, JL
James Gunn is taking over the entire cosmic side of the MCU.
And Taika Waititi is being courted to do things like Akira.

I mean they all getting major work, but I admit really nothing is as 'massive' as IW.:mjgrin:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
You got me :hubie:

I just don't want mutants in the MCU making jokes while Stryker and the Sentinels are on their ass.
You mean like this?
8f6923a88cdc63f5e187c950c4f274dd--cyclops-x-men-marvel-dc.jpg

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Why for DC only?

Standards should be the same.....but I let you cook.

No, not at all. DC Heroes should be more serious. I always looked at Batman and Superman to be in their late 30s to early 40s.

Ppl that have seen some shyt and inspire the older generation. DC needs to stop trying to make their heroes cool instead of making them true to themselves. I don’t need Superman or Batman to make quips.

DC Heroes should be old but sturdy. They’re good at the fundamentals.

Last edited:

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
No, not at all. DC Heroes should be more serious. I always looked at Batman and Superman to be in their late 30s to early 40s.

Ppl that have seen some shot and inspire the older generation. DC needs to stop trying to make their heroes cool instead of making them true to themselves. I don’t need Superman or Batman to make quips.

DC Heroes should be old but sturdy. They’re good at the fundamentals.

Iron Man the same age group too.....the older, distinguished genius playboy billionaire that smashes broads like its nothing....

But yeah, Bats and Supes are the OGs of American comic book heroes. Sad that people act like the rap game and don't pay homage to its legends towards them.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
People want good movies no matter the tone. Being dark or different but shytty isn't floating anyone's boat. lol
Jon Favreau did the live action Jungle Book and is going to do the live action Lion King.
Louis Letterier did Now You See Me and is doing a Dark Crystal TV series.
Shane Black is directing the Predator reboot.
Joe Johnston is directing The Chronicles of Narnia reboot.
Kenneth Branaugh just did Murder on the Orient Express
Patty Jenkins is helping The Wonder Woman franchise
Alan Taylor still does GoT episodes
Joss Whedon just did DCs version of IW, JL
James Gunn is taking over the entire cosmic side of the MCU.
And Taika Waititi is being courted to do things like Akira.

I mean they all getting major work, but I admit really nothing is as 'massive' as IW.:mjgrin:

Favreau been on shaky ground since Iron Man 2. Some hits and misses.

Shane Black directed some of my favorite movies from the 90s....and he lost his touch :snoop:

Patty Jenkins is a solid director....

James Gunn GotG 2 was weaker than the first one....like, by far.

But the main MCU event is IW, and they know that Whedon, and most directors ain't cut for that. The Russo Bros had to take over since they managed the Captain America series.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

Shane Black directed some of my favorite movies from the 90s....and he lost his touch :snoop:

But the main MCU event is IW, and they know that Whedon, and most directors ain't cut for that. The Russo Bros had to take over since they managed the Captain America series.
You talked about success and how no former directors have found it. Despite your personal critiques Favreau, Shane Black and Gunn and many others are still working or have worked on high profile projects. Stop making shyt up.

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
Iron Man the same age group too.....the older, distinguished genius playboy billionaire that smashes broads like its nothing....

But yeah, Bats and Supes are the OGs of American comic book heroes. Sad that people act like the rap game and don't pay homage to its legends towards them.

It’s also the stories that have worked best for DC, The JLA as elder statesman and the JSA.

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na

GOTG was fukking horrible
Especially the ending ooze setpiece
Marvel bias is real because that deserved to be ridiculed

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
You talked about success and how no former directors have found it. Despite your personal critiques Favreau, Shane Black and Gunn and many others are still working or have worked on high profile projects. Stop making shyt up.

But the quality is the bottom line.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
It’s also the stories that have worked best for DC, The JLA as elder statesman and the JSA.

True, DC gotta make people respect them on some gangsta shyt. Not even become their favorites, but bottom line respect the OGs.

Like Aquaman post 2011. Even Batman villains like 2 Face is scared of him.