"Supergirl" TV show thread

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
damn, I did. but why are Flash and Arrow so damn good compared to Supergirl? Is it just target audience?

I like super girl so I can't answer that question breh
I defended the show all season, but those last 3 episodes of the season were :snoop: & had me sorta not really caring what happens to the show. If the show was being renewed, they made right decision moving to The CW & moving the shooting location to Vancouver. :ehh:

Arrow writing is atrocious
:francis: The writing in the last 3 episodes of the season of "Supergirl" was worse.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I defended the show all season, but those last 3 episodes of the season were :snoop: & had me sorta not really caring what happens to the show. If the show was being renewed, they made right decision moving to The CW & moving the shooting location to Vancouver. :ehh:

:francis: The writing in the last 3 episodes of the season of "Supergirl" was worse.

Lol it's the same team. Moving the show Vancouver just makes it cheaper. The talent behind the scenes doesn't change it. Maybe less money will mean they have to tell different stories by necessity but I don't see why you think it'll be that different. I fukk with it. The characters are properly drawn, they all have their own motivations, there are good relationships and the Kara stuff is in service of the super girl stuff rather than the other way around

Last edited:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I only watched 2.5 episodes of Supergirl and didn't think it was for me.

I called it Ugly Betty when I saw the trailer, and the thought didn't change after I saw a couple of episodes of it (which is funny, because I watched UB til completion lol).

As for Arrow and Flash, I don't watch those either (about 2/3rd of Arrow's first season and 2 eps of Flash).

I'm a middling comic book fan, and there's something about the cheap nature of CW's production value, coupled with the mildly teen/YA friendly nature of the story (at least in the beginning) that just doesn't speak to me whatsoever.

I'll stick with the movies and the Netflix series' (if they're good)

But I am happy Supergirl didn't get completely axed - I think there's a place for that type of story in a world that's so male dominated.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Lol it's the same team. Moving the show Vancouver just makes it cheaper. The talent behind the scenes doesn't change it. Maybe less money will mean they have to tell different stories by necessity but I don't see why you think it'll be that different. I fukk with it. The characters are properly drawn, they all have their own motivations, there are good relationships and the Kara stuff is in service of the super girl stuff rather than the other way around
:ehh: I agree. Some of the BS complaints I saw for this show, folks wouldn't have complained about if the show was airing on The CW instead. So i'm glad I don't have to deal with those anymore.

:francis:Now that the show had ended up moving to The CW after only 1 season, I really wish the Producers had gone with the "Smallville" reboot route for this show instead. Kara as a teen being raised in Smallville by Ma & Pa Kent going by the name Kara Kent (instead of Kara Danvers) while Clark is a grown man doing his thing in Metropolis.

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
Supergirl moving to the cw. How embarrassing. :heh:

I heard the show begged and pleaded with CBS to keep them there, including agreeing to a 13-episode season and CBS was like nah. :russ:

Make no mistake about it. This is a massive L for Supergirl. I can only imagine how low their budget is gonna be next season. :huhldup: :wow:

Last edited:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
The writing suffered from the existence of Superman in the world and them not really having a good reason why he never showed up to help Kara against the rest of the Kryptonians. National City had a army of "supermen" flying around causing havoc and only had Kara who finally embraced her powers a few months ago leading the fight against them while Clark was off Earth for most of the time:comeon:

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
I hope so. If you read the comments from the producers last year, it's obvious this show was meant to be in the same universe & earth as those other Berlanti-produced DC shows. Being on different networks probably made it difficult.

@Ms. Elaine A.K.A. @Jen The Prude Come take yo L.

Keep my name out of your fukking mouth. You don't want none with me. Trust. :aicmon:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
If they're smart maybe they could share CGI and possibly have the crew do all the shows at once as 1 fee instead of 4 separate shows/teams ..

Maybe have a team a week similar to how they do some animation

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Make no mistake about it. This is a massive L for Supergirl.

:yeshrug: Naw most folks felt it should've always been on The CW & shooting Vancouver in the 1st place. Last year in this thread folks were hoping that CBS would pass on this show & The CW would pick this show up (instead of "Legends of Tomorrow"). Folks look at this as Warner Bros./CBS/The CW fixing a mistake & getting what we wanted originally.