"Supergirl" TV show thread

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN

:lupe: @prophecypro @Jello Biafra I wonder which current CW shows are gonna get the axe?

Not sure but I know Containment is finished up and some shows will do the summer run like Beauty and the Beast.

I'm still not sure if the CW move is good for them. Yes it fits that network more but if budget issues were a concern for CBS, they're gonna be slashed even more in half at the CW and while Belanti has the lay of the land on TV I dont know if the CW execs wont send him notes about the show to make it more CW-ish. People cite the other DC shows but eventually they'll all go that route.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

:lupe: @prophecypro @Jello Biafra I wonder which current CW shows are gonna get the axe?

Not sure but I know Containment is finished up and some shows will do the summer run like Beauty and the Beast.

I'm still not sure if the CW move is good for them. Yes it fits that network more but if budget issues were a concern for CBS, they're gonna be slashed even more in half at the CW and while Belanti has the lay of the land on TV I dont know if the CW execs wont send him notes about the show to make it more CW-ish. People cite the other DC shows but eventually they'll all go that route.
If The CW can make "The Flash" work budget-wise, I'm not worried about "Supergirl".

I don't think The CW has to send Belanti any notes about making "Supergirl" more CW-ish. The tone & feel of the show already feel similar to "The Flash".

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
If The CW can make "The Flash" work budget-wise, I'm not worried about "Supergirl".

I don't think The CW has to send Belanti any notes about making "Supergirl" more CW-ish. The tone & feel of the show already feel similar to "The Flash".

I'm not sure the Flash can maintain how its going (and it can be overrated at times). Next season's gonna be an interesting make or break for them as usually by the 3rd season is where you see signs of cracks in a show

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Supergirl is keeping her Monday home.

The CW is the final broadcast network to unveil its 2016-17 schedule, and the ex-CBS drama will retain its Monday-at-8 pm timeslot, where it will lead into Jane the Virgin.

Also of note: The network is plugging in new series No Tomorrow and Frequencyafter its two biggest hits, The Flash and Arrow, on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, respectively; Supernatural is shifting to Thursdays following Legends of Tomorrow; and The Originals is being held until midseason.

Also on tap for midseason: Returning series iZombie, The 100 and Reign, as well as new entry Riverdale.

All told, the The CW’s fall schedule looks like this; new shows are in CAPS, click for details. (And for handy reference, here are ABC, CBS, Fox and NBC‘s fall lineups.)

MONDAY
8 pm Supergirl
9 pm Jane the Virgin

TUESDAY
8 pm The Flash
9 pm NO TOMORROW

WEDNESDAY
8 pm Arrow
9 pm FREQUENCY

THURSDAY
8 pm Legends of Tomorrow
9 pm Supernatural (new timeslot)

FRIDAY
8 pm The Vampire Diaries
9 pm Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

NOT RETURNING NEXT SEASON: America’s Next Top Model, Containment and Significant Mother

The Originals failed to secure a spot on The CW’s fall schedule, but there’s no need administer last rites to the Vampire Diaries spinoff.

In a conference call on Thursday morning, network president Mark Pedowitz spoke of his decision to hold the show until midseason, telling reporters, “We have a very strong schedule. We still believe quite a bit in The Originals. We only have 10 hours, so we made a choice to [hold it] to further boost our schedule at midseason.”

Pedowitz also shot down speculation that Vampire Diaries upcoming eighth season would be its last. “No decision has been made one way or the other,” he maintained, before adding, “My dream is it isn’t [the final season].

Meanwhile, with Supergirl joining The CW’s already DC-packed stable that includes Arrow, The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow, Pedowitz promised the network’s annual superhero crossover event will be “the biggest one ever.” The exec also remarked that the ex-CBS drama always “should have been” on The CW.

Regarding buzz that Calista Flockhart’s role may be reduced in Season 2 in light of Supergirl‘s move from Los Angeles to Vancouver, Pedowitz said that there are “ongoing discussions” with the actress, adding, “We are thrilled she wants to continue with the show and we’re happy to have her in whatever capacity.”

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I only watched 2.5 episodes of Supergirl and didn't think it was for me.

I called it Ugly Betty when I saw the trailer, and the thought didn't change after I saw a couple of episodes of it (which is funny, because I watched UB til completion lol).

As for Arrow and Flash, I don't watch those either (about 2/3rd of Arrow's first season and 2 eps of Flash).

I'm a middling comic book fan, and there's something about the cheap nature of CW's production value, coupled with the mildly teen/YA friendly nature of the story (at least in the beginning) that just doesn't speak to me whatsoever.

I'll stick with the movies and the Netflix series' (if they're good)

But I am happy Supergirl didn't get completely axed - I think there's a place for that type of story in a world that's so male dominated.

Flash is one of the absolute best shows in tv history, imo.

Art Barr

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Flash is one of the absolute best shows in tv history, imo.

Art Barr

I cant bring myself to watch it breh. Superhero shows are bad enough without going the Buffy route. The whole genre is bad to me. Not one to throw the word cac around, but cacs with capes isnt for me.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I only watched 2.5 episodes of Supergirl and didn't think it was for me.

I called it Ugly Betty when I saw the trailer, and the thought didn't change after I saw a couple of episodes of it (which is funny, because I watched UB til completion lol).

As for Arrow and Flash, I don't watch those either (about 2/3rd of Arrow's first season and 2 eps of Flash).

I'm a middling comic book fan, and there's something about the cheap nature of CW's production value, coupled with the mildly teen/YA friendly nature of the story (at least in the beginning) that just doesn't speak to me whatsoever.

I'll stick with the movies and the Netflix series' (if they're good)

But I am happy Supergirl didn't get completely axed - I think there's a place for that type of story in a world that's so male dominated.

See this is where you messed up.

Super girl could have had an ugly bettymeets selfie type female swag feel to it.
As there is a principal from selfie on super girl.
Yet he ramps completely far and away from his absent minded aloof exec role on selfie.
Super girl and flash both ramped after initially okay first few episodes and then just went super fuego good since then.

You need to catch up,...
I wanna say after red tornado is when super girl picks up.

Go back and watch it,.....supergirl is crack.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I cant bring myself to watch it breh. Superhero shows are bad enough without going the Buffy route. The whole genre is bad to me. Not one to throw the word cac around, but cacs with capes isnt for me.

Again, Flash is incredible,...
When I typically ignore any CW superhero show since smallville never let you see superboy for real.
Yet, these shows are much better and I recommend them.
As I typically hate most superhero shows centered around the cw model or dc.
Yet this time with the flash and super girl.
Dc realized what mistakes smallville made and makes those issue non-existant on the flash and super girl after the show got going.

I feel they do that for the old viewers for feel and a draw and then ram.
as they secure the old style viewer and open it up to the next level of quality.

To the point, legends of tomorrow actually started with a bang.
Mixing all the typical ebbs and flows of flash and super girl into the entire series from start with no falloff.

Art Barr

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This is kind of a big deal

@satam55 homie lol if you don't stop going back into my posts and putting your twitter links, we're going to fight. I told you before to cut that shyt out. If I wanted Twitter links I'd put twitter links. You're an architect, not an anarchist.

Superman To Appear On ‘Supergirl’ In Season 2 On the CW

Last edited: