"Supergirl" TV show thread

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Natasha Martinez is here with Collider News, and an update on CBS' Supergirl possibly moving to the CW and joining her fellow DC characters of The Flash and Arrow.

I knew Complex owns Collider now. But I didn't know Collider is now using on-camera personalities from Complex's YouTube Channel on Collider now.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL

I knew Complex owns Collider now. But I didn't know Collider is now using on-camera personalities from Complex's YouTube Channel on Collider now.

Breh, Natasha been with Collider movie talk for a minute now. Collider used to be AMC movie talk but then moved to Collider last year.

They have 3 dimes on deck, Natasha, Sinead and Ashley:wow:

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
I gave it two years before it was cancelled. If it goes the CW, I think that counts as being correct still.
1976.jpg

This was a show that was never going to "work," on a major network channel.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
3 million per episode does sound like a hefty amount, and it definitely gives perspective on just how pricey having quality special effects can be, since the effects on this show were still :scusthov: .

I actually stopped watchin the show 3 or 4 eps in. I came back to watch the Martian Manhunter reveal ep but bounced again after that. I don't think it's a bad show, but more admirable than good. The effects are admirable... the acting is admirable (and is very good by some of the cast)... the villains, costume designs, plot points, social commentary.. admirable.. but wasn't anything that kept me invested for more.

Granted, i don't watch any of the superhero shows other than the ones on netflix b/c i'm about that tv-MA life :manny:

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
this show should have been on CW from jump anyway and its amazing that Supergirl has such a hefty budget yet its effects are no better than Flash or Legends of Tomorrow.
One of the major reasons is where it's filmed. It's filmed in California where as the CW shows are mostly filmed in Vancouver with a few filmed in Atlanta.

Another reason is I'm sure Calista Flockhart isn't cheap either.

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Definitely

I was actually completely interested throughout 90% of the episode.

I was saying Jimmy needs to get that p*ssy the next time she loses her powers.

Show her what that BBC action feels like to a normal chick

bytch probably gonna be masturbating with a chainsaw after that

:mjlol:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
CBS has until today to make a decision

It's likely that no one will pick it up since the production costs are too high for CBS and The CW

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I gave it two years before it was cancelled. If it goes the CW, I think that counts as being correct still.
1976.jpg

This was a show that was never going to "work," on a major network channel.

Show is excellent just on a bad time for cbs.

Art Barr

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
CBS has until today to make a decision

It's likely that no one will pick it up since the production costs are too high for CBS and The CW
Where you hear that? Broadcast Networks usually make their final renewal & cancellation decisions the weekend before Network Upfronts.

The Broadcast Networks are having their Upfronts next week. So most likely a decision will be made Friday afternoon.

A couple notes to point out:

1. CBS still hasn't renewed any of their new shows yet.

2. Also Warner Bros. Television has a history of lowering costs of TV shows to networks to get shows renewed.