"Supergirl" TV show thread

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Episode was kinda boring:ehh: everything about it seemed off, I mean I know superman can never make an appearance but did they have to job him out like that? And to have Kara just standing there barely fazed by it :mindblown: the maxima or whatever her name was bit seemed unnecessary. Only interesting parts were the ones involving Alex, Jon and Billie jean

Ps Helen Slater is still looking good after all these years :wow:

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
Why even include maxima in this bullshyt episode just to sully her name. Used her like fodder :scust:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Promo for the season finale airing tonight:

Supergirl is forced to do battle with an unexpected foe and must risk everything - including her life - to prevent Non and Indigo from destroying every person on the planet, on the first season finale of Supergirl, Monday, April 18 at 8/7c. Only CBS

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
I thought they casted Superman for this season, did they change their mind? It was a waste referring to him at all.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
For the finale, I thought the parts that worked the best were the emotional moments between Kara and the strongest characters on the show. So when she was saying goodbye to James/Winn I was :ld:, but when she was telling Kat how much of a mentor she has been and her goodbye to Alex were :obama:.

The show has a lightness and certain cheesiness to it that can be :skip:like Kara being to break the power of Myriad through her message of hope. Yet some of the positivity works really well like when Kara is going to sacrifice herself by taking the ship into space and they applaud her for saving the world.

Going forward, they really don't need to mention Clark if he's not going to be on the show in a substantial way. He was literally :deadrose: the whole episode.

Definitely need a better villain and season long story arc because Myriad and Non/Astra was weak for the most part.

When the actors had to pretend to have headaches when Myriad was about to bust their brains :pachaha:

Kara/Alex/Cat/Manhunter are the best characters, James and Winn still need work in the character development area.

Cat calling Kara the correct name :mjcry:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Just peeped the finale :yeshrug:

indigo had such a good intro but her team up with nawn brought her down, I fist pumped when manhunter gorro'd her. Episode had a lil too many emotional sappy beats to it the only ones that hit the mark was the 2 ones with kat. Anything to do with Alex is becoming a bit of a wash with me, why is she always the hero? Just cruising in space in a pod without a oxygen mask like it's nothing :beli:

Its was fun seeing the full cast mix it up and after finding ms tatum a loose end for most of the season putting her in the DOA was a masterstroke. I wonder who was in the pod at the end, either way the show was a lot better than I thought it would be when it was 1st announced but they play it too safe and that kind of creative timidity will be it's downfall

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Might be a wrap brehs

'Supergirl' Renewal Drama: Talks Center on Possible Jump to CW, Budget Cuts (Exclusive)

It’s coming right down to the wire for “Supergirl.”

CBS boss Leslie Moonves is deep in talks with Warner Bros. Television about the fate of its super-expensive comic-book series starring Melissa Benoist, which wrapped up a less-than-superlative first season last month.

The network would like the show to come back, sources close to the series say, but there’s a problem. The roughly $3 million per-episode price tag CBS pays to broadcast “Supergirl” — one of the highest license fees ever for a freshman show — isn’t quite justified by the ratings. Thirteen million total viewers tuned in to the heavily-promoted premiere back in October, but about half the audience bailed over the season, according to Nielsen.

That has set the stage for a last-minute stare-down between Moonves and Warner Bros. TV chief Peter Roth. CBS will announce its fall schedule in two weeks at the upfront presentations in New York, so the clock is ticking to hammer out a deal.

Both sides have a potential out. Moonves could push “Supergirl” to The CW, which as it happens is a joint venture between CBS and Warners (Moonves and his team are responsible for programming the network). Such a switch would make perfect sense. The youth-skewing CW already has “The Flash” and other superhero franchises (there was a crossover between “Supergirl” and “The Flash” this season), and its audience is much more aligned with “Supergirl” than is CBS’ much-grayer viewership.

Fans have suggested such a move for months and lately the Hollywood rumor mill has gone into overdrive that “Supergirl” is flying to CW. But that move would be fraught for both producers and fans, as budget-conscious CW shows don’t tend to collect huge license fees for the studios. The upshot of a CW shift is that there would very likely be big budget cuts in the offing for “Supergirl.”

No one wants to hear about cutbacks, which may explain why those close to “Supergirl” are batting down the CW speculation.

“That’s been a rumor for two years,” one talent rep insisted. “Zero fact.”

But far stranger things have happened as network bosses race to the mid-May finish line with their fall lineups.

Stay tuned, “Supergirl” fans.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Not surprised by the rumors. I don't watch but I look at ratings from time to time and noticed that Supergirl was falling.

I think they either move or cut the number of episodes down.