"Supergirl" TV show thread

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
im still enjoying it :manny: and now supergirl got her own lex luthor to deal with :ohhh:....gotta get my cute snowbunny fix every week tho and this show giving it to me :noah:

That's a part of the reason I jumped off.

Obviously every hero needs a villain, but a facsimile Lex Luthor? The only way they could have been any lazier would be by making her a woman called Bex Buthor.

That and Jimmy used to date Lois Lane's sister. Whether or not this is how it plays in some of the comics, the shyt was just lazy as shyt to me and not original enough of a story for me to invest any more time in.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang

Obviously every hero needs a villain, but a facsimile Lex Luthor? The only way they could have been any lazier would be by making her a woman called Bex Buthor.

That and Jimmy used to date Lois Lane's sister. Whether or not this is how it plays in some of the comics, the shyt was just lazy as shyt to me and not original enough of a story for me to invest any more time in.
oh ok cool, i mean all this was announced beforehand and if u know anything about the characters u know maxwell lord is just another lex (even lost out to lex on a company in the comics) but if its not your thing its not your thing :manny: imma keep watching til it finds a way to bore me...oh and its not like this jimmy and lucy thing gonna be forever or something lol its just a road block for the female viewers to yearn for that future connection...having the simp best friend be toy man at some point should be cool tho....at some point yall will realize this cbs tho and they not tryna do what everyone else is doing, they going for the wholesome smallville type show

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I'm currently watching this week's episode...

:mjlol: & :mjpls: at them play R&B music in the background during this Black Jimmy scene with his ex.

:heh: I've rarely heard (if ever) any R&B or Hip-Hop on "The Flash", "Arrow", or any other Greg Berlanti-produced show before.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I gave this 3 eps, but I can't do it any more.

I don't think it's bad per se, it's just riddled with tropes, cliches, and a level of corniness that makes me feel like cutting it off before the completist in me gets too deep.
Do you watch the "The Flash"?

EDIT:
I don't think it's bad per se, it's just riddled with tropes, cliches, and a level of corniness that makes me feel like cutting it off before the completist in me gets too deep.
Than you probably won't like much network TV.

Last edited:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
im still enjoying it :manny: and now supergirl got her own lex luthor to deal with :ohhh:....gotta get my cute snowbunny fix every week tho and this show giving it to me :noah:

Yeah Maxwell Lord being a wannabe Lex Luthor AND Jimmy Olson being a love interest for both Supergirl/Kara & Lucy Lane are from the comics.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Do you watch the "The Flash"?

Nah, but I've watched about 5 or 6 eps with my sis who watches.

Than you probably won't like much network TV.

I'm not one of those "If it's not cable or VOD I'm not watching" dudes, and I watch my fair share of network TV; TBBT, Elementary, Person of Interest, Gotham, Sleepy Hollow etc.

I guess my main problem is just I was hoping for at least some differentiation between Superman and Supergirl aside from the odd feminist statement here and there. If I described the show without using gender qualifiers, this is how it would sound:

Superhero who works for a media company.
Superhero's boss is mean to superhero and derogatory about alter-ego without knowing.
Superhero has unrequited feelings for co-worker.
Superhero's nemesis is super genius tech billionaire.

I'm not saying the show is bad, but to me, it's like the NFL jerseys with the pink cancer bow - it's not different enough for me to find a reason to put it in my wardrobe next to the original.

:yeshrug:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Supergirl To Meet Flash On CBS For May Sweeps Week? - Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movie, TV News

A little Thanksgiving gossip comes to us regarding the future of DC’s TV shows on CBS.

Bleeding Cool has been told by a reliable source to expect Supergirl to meet the Flash and the STAR Labs crew from her fellow show by May’s sweeps week, if CBS orders the last episodes of Supergirl.

Comissioned for 13 episodes, CBS has an option for a “back nine” to bring the season up to 22.

CBS believes Supergirl may need the ratings boost…

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Supergirl To Meet Flash On CBS For May Sweeps Week? - Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movie, TV News

A little Thanksgiving gossip comes to us regarding the future of DC’s TV shows on CBS.

Bleeding Cool has been told by a reliable source to expect Supergirl to meet the Flash and the STAR Labs crew from her fellow show by May’s sweeps week, if CBS orders the last episodes of Supergirl.

Comissioned for 13 episodes, CBS has an option for a “back nine” to bring the season up to 22.

CBS believes Supergirl may need the ratings boost…

:mjlol: Trust Bleedingcool as a news source brehs.