"Supergirl" TV show thread

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What is DC's reasoning for not connecting TV and film again?

They've got a Batman origins show and an experienced Batman on film and they're NOT connected

They've got a Supergirl show that acknowledges Superman and a Superman on film and they're NOT connected

A Flash show with positive reviews and a Flash in the movies and they're NOT the same Flash

Arrow is the most successful of the TV shows and its inevitable that Arrow will be in a movie 1 day and it most likely won't be Stephen Amell

ONLY thing that makes the most sense on why they're not is because Suicide Squad and other major characters (Ra's, Canary) are already established on Arrow

But this is crazy though... all this sh*t on TV could be leading to BvS if they were smart

Lois already found the other pod in MOS so Supergirl exists there too lol

JSS

Pro
Daps

They've got a Batman origins show and an experienced Batman on film and they're NOT connected

They've got a Supergirl show that acknowledges Superman and a Superman on film and they're NOT connected

A Flash show with positive reviews and a Flash in the movies and they're NOT the same Flash

Arrow is the most successful of the TV shows and its inevitable that Arrow will be in a movie 1 day and it most likely won't be Stephen Amell

ONLY thing that makes the most sense on why they're not is because Suicide Squad and other major characters (Ra's, Canary) are already established on Arrow

But this is crazy though... all this sh*t on TV could be leading to BvS if they were smart

fukk that. I don'l want the movies hampered by what happens in a tv show. Keep them separate. shyt is gimped on a tv show anyway because of the smaller budget. Keep the DCCU on film and go all out.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt looked corny as fukk to me, but for some reason I've always loved the character of Supergirl so I'll probably check this out.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

:mindblown: Am I the only person tired of folks asking this Dumb-ass question??!!

:stopitslime:Why DA fukk would WB (or Marvel Studios) use TV actors for their Blockbuster film franchise??!!

Look at the actors on "Arrow", "Agents of ...", "The Flash", " Gotham", & etc.

How many of those actors would still have been casted in those same roles if they had decided to do a movie equivalent instead?

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali

Which is why Marvel is winning :youngsabo: :troll:

and that show looks :ehh:

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
As a Supergirl fan I'm pretty disappointed with this.

I've read every single issue of Supergirl both Post-Crisis and New 52....the character appearing on this show is not her. They basically made her a female version of Clark Kent.

Supergirl isn't clumsy, meek, or shy. Hell the first time she encountered her cousin she scrapped that nikka in the New 52 :mjlol:

At least it doesn't look cheap :ld:

If they were gonna make her this old they should have just done a Powergirl tv show instead....woulda worked much better

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mindblown: Am I the only person tired of folks asking this Dumb-ass question??!!

:stopitslime:Why DA fukk would WB (or Marvel Studios) use TV actors for their Blockbuster film franchise??!!

Look at the actors on "Arrow", "Agents of ...", "The Flash", " Gotham", & etc.

How many of those actors would still have been casted in those same roles if they had decided to do a movie equivalent instead?

watch more closely

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
This is going to be a flop and be off of TV within two-three years. Not only does this look wack on some the Devil wears Prada, meets Felicity, meets a superhero shyt -- but it was already facing an uphill battle because the idea of Supergirl is wack to begin with (meaning the origin and so forth). :yeshrug: