"Supergirl" TV show thread

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Melissa looked pretty good as Kara tbh. The show looks fine as far as nailing Supergirl and the mythos.. To me its like the Flash on CW, there's nothing wrong with it necessarily except its all been done before and feels like it.

But if you're a DC comics fan or like this genre and are especially interested in the development of female characters within the genre, then it pretty much gives you what you want. I don't really see how anyone can have a problem with Benoist off that preview though

Kinda weird though they are acknowledging Superman after all but still intend it to be linked to the Arrow/Flash verse when this seems in a different tone.

I guess I'm still a bit jaded from Smallville's decade run to act like all these new shows are something new to be excited about but like all of them I'll check them out and end up boxsetting them

:sas2: There's a bunch of comic book shows that were in development throughout this TV season, that we haven't heard shyt on during this week's Network Upfronts. (i.e. Krypton show on Syfy, X-Men/Mutant show on Fox, Teen Titans on TNT, John Ridley-produced Marvel for ABC, & etc.)

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
That is what is so puzzling about this. shyt looks like it's in the same Univer as M.O.S. too. What the fukk is D.C. doing, is these nikkas retartded :mjlol:
And if Superman is out there saving the world then BATMAN is around also and they got Ra's playing around with Ollie and Starling City when we know he should be in Gotham irritating Bruce. Also, it looks like CW is doing Flashpoint Paradox already in the first season, how in the world are they going to do that without Supes and Bats:wtf:

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
:ehh:

24drg5k.png

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I read the first 20 issue of the new 52 supergirl but dropped it bc it wasn't interesting, but that wonder woman comic was str8 fire. I wanna read some of the older supergirl comic pre new 52 bc that shyt looked interesting and no perv she was drawn better :steviej:

I hear Wonder Woman was beyond dope

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
So... We got Supergirl/Arrow/Flash all co-existing... and there's Superman somewhere in there but no one has ever mentioned him until Supergirl?

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
To be honest, I wasn't blown away by the trailer but I'll give this a watch. What I'm looking forward to the most is the eventual crossover between Supergirl, Arrow and The Flash, which unfortunately won't happen for a long while. Supergirl has to establish itself on it's on two feet before even thinking about that.

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
In November 2014, Berlanti expressed interest in Supergirl existing in the same universe as his other series Arrow and The Flash,[38] and in January 2015, The CW president Mark Pedowitz revealed that he was also open to a crossover between the series and networks (due to Berlanti executive producing all three and The CW co-owned by CBS). However, Tassler stated that month that, "those two shows are on a different network. So I think we'll keep Supergirl to ourselves for awhile."[39]

all3rd

All Star
Daps
Watch this be better then the last two Superman movies. :yeshrug:and the show doesn't really look good at all.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Trailer finally dropped:

I thought it was a solid trailer. Mind you, i'm someone who's only watched a couple episodes of Arrow tops, and has never watched Smallville, Flash, Agents of Shield or any of these type of live action comic shows. It's just not my lane, but it definitely reminded me of the Flash pilot-trailer I saw last year, in look and feel. I think it can rack in that same type of audience... only question is what type of expectation in ratings does CBS have compared to CW. It seems like network television are more pressed for big ratings and hence have a quicker trigger finger... tho the female fan base may very well flock to this.