Super Mario Odyssey

teacher

All Star
Daps
This game is fun as hell, but I need to go back to Zelda, can’t leave Link with calamity Ganon running around :damn:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
I just got all the moons for Cap Kingdom. There's lots of secret moons and places that don't appear to be there from the surface. The size of a world means nothing as there's usually doors/portals to a completely different area. I got 245 moons so far.

How do you know if you completed a kingdom?

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
How do you know if you completed a kingdom?

Press the select/minus button and the Kingdom map will come up, press Y to bring up the Power Moon List. The top right corner will show how many purple coins and moons you have and how many there are in the Kingdom overall.
A star will appear next to both once you've collected all moons and coins in that Kingdom.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Completed the game. Stand by my 8/10

Now off to the postgame which will be my on the toilet activity:yeshrug:
I agree with 8/10

I think less moons would have made a more refined game and made getting moons feel like an accomplishments there's a lot of laziness and receptiveness to a lot of these moons.

They really could have and shouldve made every moon an unique experience. Im going to make a thread since I'm known for shytting on Nintendo exclusives

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree with 8/10

I think less moons would have made a more refined game and made getting moons feel like an accomplishments there's a lot of laziness and receptiveness to a lot of these moons.

They really could have and shouldve made every moon an unique experience. Im going to make a thread since I'm known for shytting on Nintendo exclusives
How many moons you have? I thought that at first but having beaten the main story and coming back around to older kingdoms a second time, some of the moons are well hidden and some are behind some pretty cool platforming sequences like the various races with Koopas or musical notes moons or w/e.

Like one of the moons in the Mushroom Kingdom is a 2D side scroller level that gets pretty hard as you have to move with a moving black boundary around the background

The moons that are scattered here and there pretty much are for exploratory purposes. If they didn't have em there, there would be lots of dead space and I'm sure a "there's big empty worlds for nothing" critique would've popped up somewhere. The way it is satisfies both playstyles and I can earnestly say that they did it right. The only knock I'd put against the game is the repetitive Broodals bosses showing up over and over. Also the music could be better.

Besides that it's still a 10/10 imo. Not like Zelda though. that's a 8/10 to me.

Last edited:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
How many moons you have? I thought that at first but having beaten the main story and coming back around a second time, some of the moons are well hidden and some are behind some pretty cool platforming sequences
Like one of the moons in the Mushroom Kingdom is a 2D side scroller level that gets pretty hard as you have to move with a moving black boundary around the background

The moons that are scattered here and there pretty much are for exploratory purposes. If they didn't have em there, there would be lots of dead space and I'm sure a "there's big empty worlds for nothing" critique would've popped up somewhere. The way it is satisfies both playstyles and I can earnestly say that they did it right.
My larger point is that there are a lot of clever and challenging moons and then there are a lot of twirl around flowers and ground pound moons.

You get the same reward for doing them which takes some of the pleasure out of completing the challenge

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My larger point is that there are a lot of clever and challenging moons and then there are a lot of twirl around flowers and ground pound moons.

You get the same reward for doing them which takes some of the pleasure out of completing the challenge
I feel like those moons are there mainly to use the spaces throughout the worlds. If say most of those were removed you'd have only a few moons per Kingdom which would make levels feel empty.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I feel like those moons are there mainly to use the spaces throughout the worlds. If say most of those were removed you'd have only a few moons per Kingdom which would make levels feel empty.

Some people say the exact same thing about korok seeds. And I agree.